Linde is a leading global industrial gases and engineering company with 2019 sales of $28 billion (€25 billion). We live our mission of making our world more productive every day by providing high-quality solutions, technologies and services which are making our customers more successful and helping to sustain and protect our planet.
The company serves a variety of end markets including aerospace, chemicals, food and beverage, electronics, energy, healthcare, manufacturing and primary metals. Linde's industrial gases are used in countless applications, from life-saving oxygen for hospitals to high-purity & specialty gases for electronics manufacturing, hydrogen for clean fuels and much more. Linde also delivers state-of-the-art gas processing solutions to support customer expansion, efficiency improvements and emissions reductions.
For more information about the company and its products and services, please visit 6373596543700.
The United States Industrial Gases division Linde, Inc, is currently seeking an Instrument & Electrical Technician for Garfield, Magna, UT., facility.
Basic Function :
The primary function of this position is to support and maintain the instrumentation and electrical equipment in a safe and efficient manner as described in various procedures, polices, processes and regulatory requirements. Utilizing instrumentation and electrical knowledge, the I&E Technician works in a team environment where individuals are empowered to set priorities and complete different activities with minimal supervision.
Successful candidates must be able to understand, assess, troubleshoot and refurbish different arrangements of pneumatic and electronic instrumentation, electrical, and analytical applications as necessary.
This is a full time position in Magna UT., supporting satellite plants in Price, Ut, Green River, Wy, and Elko, Nv. Duties :
- Follow safe work permit processes, policies and procedures
- Provide technical expertise in consultation with engineering and reliability resources
- Create and update accurate instrumentation based service reports using a computerized maintenance management system
- Calibrate, test, functionally check instrumentation, analyzers, control systems and control elements
- Optimize work activities related to planned and unplanned equipment outages
- Assist in the training and development of new employees
- Assess and resolve priority based instrumentation and electrical issues as they arise
- Communicate directly with OEM vendors and suppliers
- High School Diploma or equivalent is required.
- Associates in Applied Sciences Degree or equivalent apprenticeship preferred.
- Proven experience with the installation, maintenance, troubleshooting and refurbishment of instrumentation
- Previous experience in a continuous chemical operation environment
- Motivated, self-starter capable of effectively managing multiple tasks and priorities
- Relevant computer and technical skills
- Allen Bradley Control Logix experience
- Ability to understand and use instrument calibration and electrical testing equipment
- Ability to read and interpret various drawings such as P&IDs, SWDs, and single line diagrams
- Ability to be trained in the operation of mobile equipment (forklift, manlift, etc)
- Must have the ability to understand, analyze and resolve technical problems
- Must be able to work overtime and weekends as required
- Must have strong, written, verbal and interpersonal communication skills
- Must have a current and valid driver’s license
- Must be able to meet the physical demands of the job
- Lift 50 pounds
- Climb stairs and ladders
- Work in tight and closed spaces
- Be able to wear all required personal protective equipment
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
- Allen Bradley Factory Automation Equipment
- Computerized Maintenance Management Systems
- Control Systems
- Electrical Diagrams
- Electrical Inspection