Weatherford is the leading wellbore and production solutions company. Operating in more than 75 countries, the Company answers the challenges of the energy industry with its global talent network of approximately 17,000 team members and 380 operating locations, which include service, research and development, training, and manufacturing facilities. Visit [ Link removed ] for more information or connect on [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , [ Link removed ] , or [ Link removed ] .
We’re looking to the future with a clear vision and a strong mission.
Our goal is to address the headwinds facing the industry, revolutionize the oilfield with digital technology, integrated solutions, and world-class talent.
We accept every challenge for the benefit of our Company, our industry, and the world. Our technology leadership delivers solutions that rise to every occasion, supply the best outcomes in each operation, and give power to all customers.
Weatherford offers competitive compensation, a comprehensive benefits program and opportunities for on-going training and career development. VEVRAA Federal Contractor – Priority Referral Requested.
Weatherford is an Equal Opportunity Employer Females/ Minorities/ Veterans/Disabled and gives consideration for employment to qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Our Communications Specialist has responsibility for supporting the day-to-day marketing activities. You will assist with the routine, less complex tasks on marketing projects and campaigns in the areas of advertising, branding, events, divisional or regional marketing, technical marketing or the web.
Responsibilities & Duties:
- Represent and make presentations on behalf of the Marketing Communications department.
- Maintain and manage production schedule; assign writers and manage their workflow through the department's editing and review process
- Coordinate and gather artwork, photos and graphics
- Prepare and manage all distribution channels; coordinate delivery of materials
- Assist with organization of media events such as on-site Weatherford visits, special tours and functions for the media as well as press conferences.
- Assist with quarterly media communications
- Develop new mediums for communicating across the organization with all employees, as well as key segments of employees.
- Manage or assist with writing for existing external/internal mediums
- Manage and approve internal news service; supervise the process with divisional business editors of the news service.
- Collaborate with web specialist for effective online strategies
- Assist with community relations communications;
- Organize events as needed.
- Adhere to departmental policies, processes, procedures and practices.
- Perform various other duties and activities as assigned by supervisor within the physical constraints of the job.
- Develop strategic communications plans for all internal functional departments including QHSSE, Compliance, Legal, HR, Investor Relations, and IT. This includes crafting messaging and strategic programs to advance their business objectives and generating awareness and engagement across the organization. This position will write, edit, and script content while working with our graphic designer and media producer to create a final product.
- Schedule all Corporate Communications content (emails, app posts, banners, etc.) across multiple internal platforms, including the employee communications app (hosted on Social Chorus) and the company Intranet.
- Analyze data from employee communications app and provide recommendations to increase readership, adoption, time on page, etc.
- Support Weatherford’s sustainability goals. This includes crafting sustainability program messaging and supporting initiatives such as securing volunteering opportunities, helping plan the annual Weatherford Walks event, and finding engagement opportunities that support students interested in science, technology, engineering, and mathematics (STEM) through our Weatherford WISE (Worldwide Initiative Supporting Education) program.
- Be a champion for advancing a strong, corporate culture by integrating values and core messaging into our communications as well as coming up with ideas to connect our global workforce to our mission.
- Manage mass communications program to provide real-time updates to employees during monitored situations. This will include template creation, supporting the distribution of messages, and training users across various geographics to implement local communications during the event of a crisis.
- Assist with review and update of certain web and intranet content pertaining to Communications.
- Assist in the coordination of external communication publications, such as the annual report and sustainability report.
- Support media relations activities.
- Actively seek new content avenues and opportunities to promote Weatherford successes, initiatives, staff and greater network by creating written content that is appropriate for all channels.
- Conduct media relations programs for selected events or activities.
- Write and distribute press releases.
- Pitch select media to secure media placement.
- Coordinate interviews, virtual assets to media partners and external agencies as needed.
- Maintain media archives and coordinate communications status reports and editorial calendar updates to cross-functional teams.
- Manage resources for gathering clippings from print and online sources; organize and compile clippings from major industry trades, local press and online clipping services to share with internal client base; prepare weekly/monthly/quarterly reports to convey value to the organization; prepare information to post on the intranet; work with publication houses to secure online or hard copy trade article placements.
- Manage the online media room.
- Conduct ongoing peer research as needed to ensure strong, competitive communications channels.
- Research and collect information for articles, presentations, brochure copy, etc.
- Assist with the writing needs of the communications group.
- Support tradeshow media relations efforts.
- Assist with Weatherford’s industry and professional association award entry processes.
Tradeshow Media Relations
- Assist in the development and delivery of tradeshow communications plans.
- Coordinate communication materials and press kits with virtual tradeshow press rooms.
- Engage with tradeshow media contacts to secure articles in show dailies and coordinate interviews for company spokespersons.
- Provide post-event media coverage analysis.
Web and Social Media
- Support drafting, editing, and scheduling of social media content. Partner with the team to enhance social media strategies and engagement.
- Monitor conversations on Weatherford’s social media networks.
- Maintain Weatherford’s press room website content and support evolving design and expansion of elements of the website to support program delivery and the overall Weatherford strategy.
- In cooperation with the Digital Media Specialist, explore options to enhance event effectiveness, including innovative use of digital/social technologies to enhance awareness, networking and participation.
- Develop and implement social media campaigns for events, programs, and successes, including targeting specific audiences, tracking results and adjusting tactics.
Experience & Education
- 5-8 years of proven experience in communications, preferably with a corporate or agency environment.
- Bachelor’s degree in degree in communications, public relations, marketing, business, or equivalent.
- Experience within a large, multi-national, matrix business-to-business organization.
Knowledge, Skills & Abilities
- Ability to execute communications plans.
- Excellent written and verbal business communication skills, including the ability to proof content before it is published to internal and external channels.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills, with the ability to juggle and prioritize multiple projects simultaneously. This includes the ability to work and deliver on tight deadlines.
- Highly self-motivated and goal-driven with a positive attitude. Maintaining flexibility and collaboration are essential.
- Familiarity with basic Communications strategies and tactics.
- Demonstrated ability to work collaboratively across functions.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office. Experience or proficiency in Adobe is a plus.
- Ability to balance research, strategy, planning, and execution.
- Banner Advertisement
- Business Communication
- Business Planning