To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- El Segundo, CA 90245
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Account Manager, Freight Brokerage, Road US
DSV • El Segundo, CA
Posted 25 days ago
DSV - Global transport and logistics
In 1976, ten independent hauliers joined forces and founded DSV in Denmark. Since then, DSV has evolved to become the world's 5th largest supplier of global solutions within transport and logistics. Today, we add value to our customers' entire supply chain by transporting, storing, packaging, re-packaging, processing and clearing all types of goods. We work every day from our many offices in more than 80 countries to ensure a steady supply of goods to production lines, outlets, stores and consumers all over the world. Our reach is global yet our presence is local and close to our customers. Read more at www.dsv.com
Location: El Segundo, CA
Job Posting Title: Account Manager, Freight Brokerage
The Account Manager, Freight Operations is a key operational role for the DSV Road Inc. freight brokerage branches. They are responsible for ensuring and providing timely workflow tools and information including pricing approvals, negotiating with transportation providers to obtain the best rates and services, and troubleshooting any issues that may be escalated to them by the Carrier Sales team members. They are responsible for managing the branch’s house accounts, while continuously seeking out additional growth opportunities with clients.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Negotiates with transportation carriers and providers to obtain, set rates and determine services available.
- Measures and monitors carrier’s service levels to ensure benchmarking is tracked within the VFT (Visual Freight Tracking) system.
- Provides direction and sets pricing guidelines for Carrier Sales team.
- Researches and determines growth opportunities within the branch’s house accounts.
- Prepares and distributes “load-build” reports for customers and carriers.
- Works directly with customers on the receipt and processing of transportation requirement requests.
- Assists in the training of Carrier Sales team members.
- Acts as a next level reviewer for troubleshooting errors and/or issues.
- Proactively handles customer shipment routing requests.
- Utilizes various transportation software systems to facilitate material movement, planning, and scheduling.
- Tracks and traces shipments from pickup through delivery to ensure accurate and up-to-date shipment information is being provided to customers.
- Ensures customer expectations are met or exceeded by completing accurate and timely scheduling/dispatching of trucks and rail cars.
- Other duties and project work as assigned by manager
SUPERVISORY RESPONSIBILITIES (IF ANY)
MINIMUM REQUIRED QUALIFICATIONS (SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE AND ABILITIES REQUIRED)
Education and/or Experience
- High School diploma.
- 2 years’ experience in logistics, transportation brokerage, or related field.
SKILLS, KNOWLEDGE, AND ABILITIES
- Proficient with all Microsoft Office applications.
- Experience with transportation management systems.
- English (reading, writing, verbal)
- Position requires strong mathematical skills for pricing and negotiating.
- Superior leadership, planning and organizing skills.
- Ability to work in a multi-tasked, fast-paced environment.
- Excellent interpersonal communication and problem-solving skills.
- Ability to work flexible hours.
- College degree in Logistics or Supply Chain.
- Previous management experience.
- 5 years’ industry experience.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations or Professional Designations
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee uses his/her hands to finger, handle or feel objects, tools or controls; reach with hands and arms; stoop, kneel, or crouch; talk or hear. The employee uses computer and telephone equipment. The employee also regularly lifts and/or moves objects up to 10 pounds. Specific vision requirements of this job include close vision and distance vision.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee rarely is exposed to fumes or airborne particles, toxic or caustic chemicals. The noise level in the work environment is usually low to moderate.
Able to travel as needed up to 5%.
DSV is an equal employment opportunity employer. Candidates are considered for employment without regard to race, creed, color, national origin, age, sex, religion, ancestry, veteran status, marital status, gender identify, sexual orientation, national origin, liability for military service, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state or local law. If you require special assistance or accommodation while seeking employment with DSV, please contact Human Resources at email@example.com. If you are interested in learning the status of your application, please note you will be contacted directly by the appropriate human resources contact person if you are selected for further consideration. DSV reserves the right to defer or close a vacancy at any time.
DSV – Global transport and logistics
DSV is one of the very best performing companies in the transport and logistics industry. 47,000 employees in more than 75 countries work passionately to deliver great customer experiences and high-quality services – as part of the operation or in a variety of supporting roles. If you have drive and talent and enjoy responsibility, we’ll give you the support you need to explore your potential and forward your career. Read more at www.dsv.com