Poulin Lumber is looking for a Full time Retail/Cashier in the Hardwick, VT location.
Process sales and cash register operations quickly, accurately and efficiently. Responsible for providing outstanding customer service. Maintain store and work environment in a clean, organized, and safe manner.
Essential Job Duties:
- Greets and interacts in a positive manner with customers. Assists with questions regarding merchandise, location of merchandise in store, pricing, and promotions.
- Process customer sales through use of cash register. Receive payment by cash, check, credit cards, vouchers, or automatic debits and processes according to company standard procedures.
- Issue refunds or credits to customers with manager approval when necessary.
- Bag, box, or wrap merchandise; prepare packages as necessary.
- Maintain an awareness of all promotions and advertisements.
- Count money in cash drawers at the beginning and end of shift to ensure correct amounts and adequate change levels.
- Correctly maintain all cash levels at the registers; compute and record totals of transactions.
- Answers and resolves routine customer questions; communicates requests or complaints to management.
- Maintains store environment including doors, floors, windows, ceilings, restrooms and workstations. Cleans and dusts products, displays and face of the products.
- Attends and participates in all company-sponsored training programs as required.
- Other duties as assigned by management.
REQUIRED KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Minimum education required—High School diploma or GED equivalent.
- Minimum experience required—1 year of prior customer service and cash handling experience.
- Special skills required— Commitment to providing excellent customer service, strong oral and written communication skills. Maintenance of professional demeanor. Must be detail oriented and highly observant. Must be able to multi-task. Must possess good mathematic skills. Able to use a calculator and computers.
- Special knowledge required— Previous building product and/or hardware product knowledge preferred.
- Other—Computer literacy.
- Physical demands include standing for extended periods of time, walking, bending or stooping, lifting up to 25 pounds frequently and up to 50 pounds occasionally
Attention To Detail