Field Claims Representative - Commercial Auto
Growing MGA operation is seeking a Field Adjuster to handle commercial auto and bodily injury claims in the field. This is a work from home position with company car included. Will handle Houston and within a 3 hour radius and other areas as needed Strong BI background required, preferably including experience settling BI claims in the field. Client is willing to train on estimating.
We are seeking motivated, critical thinkers who are strong negotiators and manage and settle claims in the field.
The Field Claims Representative (FCR) uses their considerable claims handling knowledge and experience to investigate, evaluate, negotiate, and settle/resolve all aspects of both first and third party commercial auto claims to the best of their abilities, including all related property damages and bodily injuries. The field claims adjuster should have considerable skills in building rapport and working with claimants immediately post-accident, and being able to successfully negotiate smaller to more complex bodily injury claims. The primary intent of this position is to attempt to get as many “first call settlements” as possible.
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Required:
- Bachelor’s Degree preferred.
- 2 – 5+ years prior experience as an outside field adjuster working for a carrier or I.A.
- Significant experience handling and resolving bodily injury claims in the field.
- Significant experience writing auto estimates in the field and working with body shops.
- Excellent organizational skills including the ability to multi-task and prioritize duties.
- Exceptional communication (both oral and written) and interpersonal skills.
- Proven ability to negotiate good settlements.
- Exceptional customer service skills.
- Proficient in a higher degree of computer skills.
- Bi-lingual capabilities (English and Spanish) a plus.