To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- South Bay, FL 33493
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
MENTAL HEALTH PROFESSIONAL
GEO Corrections & Detentions (A GEO Company) • South Bay, FL
Posted 24 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Facility: South Bay Correctional Facility
Compensation Bonus (if applicable):
Equal Opportunity Employer.
Responsible for provision of full-range of mental health outpatient services from initial assessment, treatment planning, supportive counseling and case management as well as aftercare planning, group psychotherapy, suicide risk assessment and crisis intervention.
Primary Duties and Responsibilities
- Conducts mental health interviews, screenings, and evaluations and determines appropriate mental health services and treatment plans to address an inmate’s, detainee’s, or resident’s (I/D/R) specific mental health needs in accordance with the mission of the outpatient mental health program and policies.
- Provides a full-range of supportive mental health services including brief individual counseling, group counseling (process or psycho-educational), and specialty group counseling (e.g., anger management, coping skills, end of sentence, life term, etc.), and I/D/R consultations.
- Provides case management services as required to ensure continuity of ongoing service delivery.
- Prepares all related mental health documentation in accordance with applicable organizational and state standards in a clear, thorough, and timely manner.
- Consults with Security, Medical, Classification and other departments as needed in I/D/R related mental health concerns.
- Responds to psychological emergencies and provides crisis intervention as required up to and including involuntary hospitalization or placement under observation due to suicide risk or inability to adjust within general population due to symptoms of mental illness.
- Conducts post-release planning and communicates with community based mental health facilities for referral and continuity of care as appropriate.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- Master’s degree as a Mental Health Clinician who has full licensure, provisional licensure, or registered intern status as a mental health provider under Chapter 491 (Florida Statutes).
- State licensure as a Clinical Social Worker or Mental Health Counselor (if claiming license eligibility, applicant must be able to provide proper documentation). Licensed interns may be considered based on client requirements.
- One (1) year experience providing mental health services in an institutional setting is preferred.
- Ability to work in crisis situations in a professional and mature manner.
- Strong counseling and motivational skills.
- Must be able to work individual and in a team environment.
- Above average verbal and writing skills.
- Must be able to develop clear and concise reports in a timely manner.
- Ability to work with computers and the necessary software typically used by the department.