To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Toledo, OH
- Matthew Starrs
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
TEKsystems, Inc • Toledo, OH
Posted 26 days ago
TEKsystems has a client in the Toledo area that is seeking a Project Manager for a long term contract that can turn into a direct hire role.
This person will be responsible for managing projects from initiation all the way through to completion. Focuses on delivering systems and solutions that deliver tangible business results that can be quantified in a business case. Leads cross functional project teams and be fully responsible for project delivery against a baseline timeline and budget.
* Minimum 8 years of related work experience
* 5 - 8 years of Project Management experience
* Bachelor's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent years of work experience
* PMP certification preferred
* Project management expertise demonstrated by successful track record managing multiple simultaneous projects involving 3-9+ person cross-functional teams to deliver technically complex solutions.
* Strong oral and written communication skills across all levels in the organization.
* Agile/Scrum: Demonstrated knowledge and expertise in Agile methodology and scrum master skills. Enterprise Agile Framework understanding preferred.
* SDLC: Demonstrated expertise in traditional SDLC methodology, project work breakdown structure creation, management of: project work breakdown structure (WBS), resource assignments, schedule, budget, risk tracking and mitigation, progress reporting.
* ITIL: Demonstrated understanding of ITIL concepts, terminology, processes and roles. ITIL Foundation V3 certification preferred.
* Manufacturing Business and Enterprise: Demonstrated understanding of manufacturing, ERP and supply chain concepts and systems preferred.
* Working knowledge of systems development and testing methods
* Experience with multiple project management methodologies, PMBOK standards and agile/scrum preferred.
* Basic desktop computing skills (MS Office Suite)
* Project Management Tools (such as MS Project)
Essential Functions & Responsibilities:
* Engage with project sponsors to prepare business case, budget, timeline and project charter
* Develop and communicate project plans, including working with team members to identify appropriate work breakdown structure and clear deliverables and derive work estimates
* Manage project scope, schedule and costs to complete project within approved budget and timeline
* Engage with software and consulting vendors as needed to procure and manage tools and resources required for the project
* Develop and deliver regular communication and updates
* Identify, plan and manage project risks, including mitigation plan and monitoring
* Monitor overall quality of project deliverables
* Identify business process improvement opportunities
* Analyzes business processes; identifies alternative solutions, assesses feasibility, and recommends new approaches. Contributes to evaluating the factors which must be addressed in the change program. Helps establish requirements for the implementation of changes in the business process.
* Takes full responsibility for the definition, documentation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically lasting 6-12 months, with direct business impact, teams of 3-9+ and firm deadlines). Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project. Ensures that realistic project and quality plans are prepared and maintained and provides regular and accurate reports to stakeholders as appropriate. Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure. Manages the change control procedure, and ensures that project deliverables are completed within planned cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off. Provides effective leadership to the project team, and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
* Takes responsibility for the provision of Project support services to small/medium/large scale projects. Uses and recommends project control solutions for planning, scheduling and tracking projects. Sets up and provides detailed guidance on project management software, procedures, processes, tools and techniques. Supports program or project control boards, project assurance teams and quality review meetings. Provides basic guidance on individual project proposals. May be involved in aspects of supporting a program by providing a cross program view on risk, change, quality, and finance or configuration management.
* Identifies specific measures and mechanisms by which benefits can be measured, and plans to activate these mechanisms at the required time. Monitors benefits against what was predicted in the business case and ensures that all participants are informed and involved throughout the change program and fully prepared to exploit the new operational business environment once it is in place. Supports senior management to ensure that all plans, work packages and deliverables are aligned to the expected benefits and leads activities required in the realization of the benefits of each part of the change program.
We're partners in transformation. We help clients activate ideas and solutions to take advantage of a new world of opportunity. We are a team of 80,000 strong, working with over 6,000 clients, including 80% of the Fortune 500, across North America, Europe and Asia. As an industry leader in Full-Stack Technology Services, Talent Services, and real-world application, we work with progressive leaders to drive change. That's the power of true partnership. TEKsystems is an Allegis Group company.
The company is an equal opportunity employer and will consider all applications without regards to race, sex, age, color, religion, national origin, veteran status, disability, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information or any characteristic protected by law.
If you would like to request a reasonable accommodation, such as the modification or adjustment of the job application process or interviewing process due to a disability, please call 888 472-3411 or email accommodation@teksystems .com for other accommodation options.