Stryker is one of the world’s leading medical technology companies and is dedicated to helping healthcare professionals perform their jobs more efficiently while enhancing patient care. The Company offers a diverse array of innovative medical technologies, including reconstructive, medical and surgical, and neurotechnology and spine products to help people lead more active and more satisfying lives. We are currently seeking a Senior Staff Biostatistician to join our Neurovascular division to be located in Fremont, CA or remotely anywhere within the US.
Stryker’s Neurovascular division is focused on advancing the practice of less invasive stroke therapies through its Complete Stroke Care solutions. The business is dedicated to providing innovative stroke products and services for ischemic and hemorrhagic stroke and committed to providing clinical education and support to help physicians deliver better patient outcomes. Products include: stent retrievers, detachable coils, stents, balloons, guidewires and microcatheters. In February 2019, Stryker Corporation (NYSE:SYK) announced that for the ninth consecutive year has been named as one of the 2016 FORTUNE 100 Best Companies to Work For ranking 11 out of 100. If you join our organization; will be working to “Make Stroke History”. Stroke is devastating; 1 of 20 deaths is from a stroke, according to the CDC. Watch this video to see how Stryker is making a difference: URL blocked - click to apply.
Who we want
Detail-oriented process improvers. Critical thinkers who naturally see opportunities to develop and optimize work processes – finding ways to simplify, standardize and automate.
Strategic thinkers. People who enjoy analyzing data or trends for the purposes of planning, forecasting, advising, budgeting, reporting, or sales opportunities.
Collaborative partners. People who build and leverage cross-functional relationships to bring together ideas, data and insights to drive continuous improvement in functions.
Analytical problem solvers. People who go beyond just fixing to identify root causes, evaluate optimal solutions, and recommend comprehensive upgrades to prevent future issues.
Dedicated achievers. People who thrive in a fast-paced environment and will stop at nothing to ensure a project is complete and meets regulations and expectations.
What you will do
As the Senior Staff Biostatistician, you are responsible for providing statistical guidance in development of clinical research programs and of individual studies as part of multi-disciplinary team. This position is responsible for development of Statistical Analysis Plans, including statistical methodology, definition of derived variables, data-handling rules, mockups and ultimately analysis of study data in support of business needs.
- Provide timely and scientifically sound statistical expertise to clinical development projects.
- Participate in department and cross-functional meetings to optimize clinical study designs, endpoints, and analysis strategies.
- Collaborate with members of project teams to establish project timelines and to develop and implement protocols
- Develop statistical analysis plans, coordinate and perform data analysis and validation as necessary, and provide data interpretation.
- Provide statistical input to regulatory requests to support and defend clinical programs.
- Collaborate with clinical scientists, thought leaders, and medical writers, both internally and externally, in the publication of study data.
- Stay current with new developments in statistics, SAS programming, and regulatory guidance through literature review, conference attendance, etc.
- Perform inferential analyses; inputs to the statistical section of the clinical study report (CSR) and review clinical study report. Provide support for the study team to move CSR through the review and approval process. Provide statistical insight into interpretation and discussion of study results.
- Develop and test SAS programs to generate data sets, tables, listings, and graphs.
- Develop and test SAS programs to complete quality control and validation work on SAS programs, data sets and TLGs generated by others.
- Develop SAS programs to create derived variables and data sets (e.g., LOCF (Last Observation Carry Forward), adverse events with multiple merging and cleaning procedures), or perform other required advanced data manipulation to support completion of biostatistics projects; SAS, SQL & Macro skills required.
- Create documents to describe SAS programs as assigned such as specifications for protocol analysis data sets.
- Provide guidance to junior level programmers or statisticians.
What you need
- A minimum of a Master’s Degree is required.
- A minimum of SAS proficiency including use of a variety of statistical procedures, e.g., nonparametric analysis, linear and non-linear models, categorical data and survival analysis required.
- A minimum of seven years of experience in the application of statistics, biostatistics, epidemiology or related field required.
- Programming experience in SAS or R required.
- Knowledge of clinical trial design and analysis required.
- Knowledge of regulatory guidelines (FDA/CFR; ISO14155) preferred.
- Experience supporting publication of analysis results (e.g. abstracts, posters, manuscripts) preferred.
- Experienced with electronic data capture (EDC) system(s) required.
- Excellent in both oral and written communications.
- Ability to explain statistical concepts to non-statisticians.
- Good organizational and time management skills.
Work From Home: Yes
Travel Percentage: Up to 25%
Stryker Corporation is an equal opportunity employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, ethnicity, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Stryker is an EO employer – M/F/Veteran/Disability.
Stryker Corporation will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor’s legal duty to furnish information.
Java (Programming Language)
C Sharp (Programming Language)
C++ (Programming Language)