How would you like to work in a place where your contributions and ideas are valued? A place where you can serve with compassion, pursue excellence and honor every voice? At Wellstar, our mission is simple, yet powerful: to enhance the health and well-being of every person we serve. We are proud to have become a shining example of what's possible when the brightest professionals dedicate themselves to making a difference in the healthcare industry, and in people's lives.
Wellstar Atlanta Medical Center is currently seeking a Registered Nurse in Women Services
to join as a Nurse Professional Development Generalist!
The Nurse Professional Development Generalist works collaboratively to assess, identify, plan, implement, coordinate, facilitate, and evaluate educational activities through a systems model. This includes the tools, theories, skills, and knowledge of the specialty to improve healthcare practice of learners based on the Association of Nurse Professional Development (ANPD) Practice Model. Using expertise in education and professional development practices, the NPD Generalist collaborates with staff, leadership, faculty and researchers to implement and evaluate professional development programs that influence professional role competence, continuous learning and growth, promotes synergistic practices and patient outcomes throughout the organization, and advances the NPD practice based on Wellstar’s Nursing Professional Practice Model and in accordance with Association Nursing Professional Development Scope and Standards of Professional Nursing Practice. Roles include learning facilitator, change agent, mentor, leader, champion for scientific inquiry, advocate for Nurse Professional Development specialty and partner for practice transitions.
The Nursing Professional Development Generalist supports the Nursing Professional Development Specialist, clinical manager, and interprofessional team to implement, document, and modify evidence-based, quality, and educational programs and activities that promote professional competency and role performance for nursing and non-licensed staff.
Ideal applicant will have 3 years of Women Services experience, knowledgeable of the Care and transition
from birthing Mother to caring for infant.
Required Minimum Education:
- Graduate of an accredited/approved school of nursing: Bachelor’s Science of Nursing (BSN) from an accredited school of nursing required.
Required Minimum Licensure/Certification:
- Current/active license as a registered nurse in the State of Georgia or hold a privilege to practice in the State of Georgia under the Enhanced Nurse Licensure Compact (eNLC);
- Must have a current CPR/BLS card from the American Heart Association on the first day of employment in position.
- National certification in area of specialty or Nursing Professional Development preferred.
Required Minimum Experience/Scope:
- Minimum of three years of nursing practice experience. This role may be required to support more than one facility or specialty
Registered Nurse Certified
Nurse Licensure Compact