Business Systems Analyst who will lead / facilitate requirements development, business process improvement via the methodical investigation, analysis, review and documentation of functional business specifications to satisfy information technology (IT) and business needs. This resource will act as the liaison among internal stakeholders to manage the requirements development process through the elicitation, analysis, specification and verification of multiple levels of requirements from an end-to-end perspective and supports the ongoing management of the requirements. In addition, the job will entail working with internal applications and integrating them with enterprise applications. The Senior Business Analyst will also coordinate and manage the implementation and/or integration of products or new features for users including user training.
- Develop functional test plans and user acceptance test plans and scenarios.
- Coordinate functional and user acceptance testing by executing the testing strategy, scheduling resources and tracking test performance.
- Perform data analysis to support evaluation of system defects or to develop requirements for new functionality; triage and troubleshoot complex user-reported system defects; assist in various system trouble shooting and balancing and correction efforts including analysis, verification and validation of issues and fixes.
- Conduct impact analysis of technology changes on business processes and existing technology.
- Facilitate collaborative system and data design sessions with the user community, technical architecture resources and development resources.
- Assist in systems and business process support across multiple internal project (Strategic and Tactical Projects).
- Coordinate activities including testing and production releases.
- Work as a technical support and liaison to other IT business analyst to provide testing, support and feedback on enhancement requests and regular updates/releases; adhere to release schedules.
- Provide analytical support for critical corporate strategic initiatives including business function support for system migrations and consolidations, significant business area process improvement projects and complex system installations.
- Demonstrate a high level of subject matter expertise in functional area to bridge business requirements and IT solutions; provide technical direction and ensure compliance with best practice solutions.
- Practice knowledge transfer and foster change management as the organization changes and new skills are required, focusing on team/individual development to be a valued contributor.
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a business analytics role including: process definition, management and monitoring, release management, and requirement definition
- Healthcare experience preferred
- Proven analytical/technical aptitude evidenced by 10 or more years of successful experience in a quantitative role
- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, MIS or a related discipline – advanced degree preferred
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Coaching, Mentoring and Teaching skills
- Teamwork-focused/collaborative work style
- Demonstrated advanced ability to work successfully on medium and large projects
- Problem solving skills evidenced by demonstrated results in past positions
- Ability to work under tight deadlines and handle multiple/detail-oriented tasks
Ability to influence at all levels of the organization
• Must be able to speak, write, read and understand English
• Occasional lifting, carrying, pushing and pulling of 25 pounds
• Prolonged walking, sitting, standing, bending, kneeling, reaching, twisting
• Must be able to sit and climb stairs
• Must have visual and hearing acuity
• Must have strong sense of smell and touch
• Performs duties in an office environment during agency operating hours
• Must be able to function in a wide variety of environments which may involve exposure to allergens and other various conditions
• Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.