Careers with MedExpress. At MedExpress, we believe in delivering quality, convenient, affordable health care and exceeding our patients’ expectations. Our neighborhood medical centers are open every day from 8-8 with a full medical team and no appointments necessary to help patients get in, get healthy, and get back to what’s really important. We provide a broad scope of services including urgent care, basic wellness and prevention, and employer health services. As part of the Optum and UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, we’re working together to help people live healthier lives and to help the health system work better for everyone. You can become part of our elite team almost anywhere with 250 MedExpress centers across the country and two administrative offices in Morgantown, WV and Pittsburgh, PA. Join us and start doing your life’s best work.(sm)
The Training Curriculum Specialist will complete training project needs and gap analyses and in collaboration with Learning leadership prioritize program development. They will also be responsible for creating and managing curriculum design plans in coordination with leadership. This position will be responsible for coordinating the program development which may include close coordination with senior leadership, subject matter experts, content delivery trainers and developers/designers.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Design and develop training assets including learning presentations (PPTs), job learning guides, and both instructor and learning manuals that support virtual training experiences
- Develop and conduct needs analysis to determine training needs and program requirements
- Develop and utilize a training curriculum plan to create, maintain and manage the development of course content and/or a training program. This may include developing timelines, managing content developers, managing deadlines, content and documentation storage and resource allocation
- Contribute to the research, creation, editing, and publication of program design features and content
- Utilize instructional design concepts and principles to design and develop instructional interactions to create interactive and engaging course content
- Collaborate with development team, business partners, etc. on various types of learning content
- Assists with the development and collection of assessment criteria
- Evaluate content to ensure learning objectives are appropriate to the audience
- Monitors program effectiveness and recommends improvements
- Appropriately recommend enhancements to existing content
- Maintain knowledge of the ME learning platform, brand, company policies and goals, internal communication systems, and the employee population
- Manage projects from inception and design phase to production and release
- Establish and manage an annual review cycle for learning programs to maintain relevance
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Adult Education, Business, Communication, or related field. Will consider an associate degree and equivalent training experience in lieu of Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years demonstrated experience with project management or planning skills
- 3+ years demonstrated experience working with industry standards for Training and Development
- 3+ years demonstrated experience managing learning programs, curriculum development, or training
- Experience utilizing instructional design models such as A.D.D.I.E. and/or Bloom’s Taxonomy
- Ability to work in a deadline driven environment
- Strong organization and time management skills
- Strong Microsoft PowerPoint and Excel skills related to content development and planning
- Broad knowledge of the principles and practices of training and of current educational trends in curriculum and instruction
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with team and business partners
- Ability to manage learning projects and resources to successfully carry out the function and programs of the office
- Knowledge of and demonstrated experience with best practices in curriculum, assessment, and instruction
- 1+ years of the following certifications: Six Sigma, PMI, or CPLP
- Experience with multimedia production such as training productions, training videos, and voice recording
UnitedHealth Group requires all new hires and employees to report their COVID-19 vaccination status.
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make health care work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health-related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado, Connecticut or Nevada Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $53,300 to $95,100. The salary range for Connecticut / Nevada residents is $58,800 to $104,600. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. In addition to your salary, UnitedHealth Group offers benefits such as, a comprehensive benefits package, incentive and recognition programs, equity stock purchase and 401k contribution (all benefits are subject to eligibility requirements). No matter where or when you begin a career with UnitedHealth Group, you’ll find a far-reaching choice of benefits and incentives.
OptumCare is committed to creating an environment where physicians focus on what they do best: care for their patients. To do so, OptumCare provides administrative and business support services to both its owned and affiliated medical practices which are part of OptumCare. Each medical practice part and their physician employees have complete authority with regards to all medical decision-making and patient care. OptumCare’s support services do not interfere with or control the practice of medicine provided by the medical practices of any of their physicians.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices are Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employers and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
OptumCare and its affiliated medical practices is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Training, Curriculum, Training Curriculum Specialist, Curriculum Development, Training Curriculum, Instructional Adult learning, Instructional technology, Training and Development, training design, MedExpress, Canonsburg, PA