You’re being taken to an external site to apply.Enter your email below to receive job recommendations for similar positions.
Senior Software Engineer
Location: Remote, or: Carmel, Indiana; Eagan, Minnesota, or Little Rock, Arkansas
Be a part of MISO’s Software Engineering Team! Technology enables all our core business groups and as we update our systems to improve our corporate strategies, and we’re looking for passionate and bright developers/software engineers to join our team. Develop “energizing” applications and empower yourself to use your skills to your fullest potential! Write software for the power industry and help MISO use technology to take advantage of renewable resources. You’ll work with highly technical employees that have a deep understanding of the applications which monitor the conditions of the bulk electric system and give operators the data they need to make the best decisions possible.
As MISO’s Senior / Principal Software Engineer, you could:
- Work on systems that ensure the stability and performance of the electric grid
- Support the applications that manage an energy market worth billions of dollars
- Modernize our application platforms to take advantage of our private cloud
- Implement new strategies that will allow for growth of renewable energy
- Be a hands-on software engineer actively designing and developing software
- Be a thought leader while working on complex issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth evaluation of variable factors–including how it can be applied throughout the organization.
- Be a mentor/coach to other junior developers
- Are self-motivated
- Embrace continuous improvement
- Enjoy working independently or with a collaborate team to deliver solutions in an Agile environment
- Want to work on complex projects for systems that are critical to the national infrastructure
- Cloud Technologies – Docker, Azure, Kubernetes
- Databases (Oracle, MongoDB)
- RESTful web services
- Behavioral Driven Development / Test Driven Development
- Agile Methodologies
MISO offers a comprehensive, top-notch benefits package available on your first day of employment. We also offer a professional development environment to allow for career growth. At MISO, we are committed to the health and safety of our employees while maintaining a reliable bulk electric system. We are proud to offer #workfromhome options to our employees and have adapted our recruiting and onboarding processes to accommodate the needs of our prospective employees. #hiring
Transformative innovation is happening in the electric industry; from digitalizing homes and distributed resources, to renewable energy and an ever-changing grid. MISO manages the electricity superhighway in the Central U.S. and through use of groundbreaking research and advanced technology, our highly skilled employees ensure power flows reliably to 42 million Americans. Operating the electricity grid, running a robust energy market, planning for a bright future – it’s what our immensely talented and dedicated team does every day.
- Agile Methodology
- Business Process Improvement
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Cloud Technologies
- Coaching And Mentoring
Help us improve CareerBuilder by providing feedback about this job:
Job ID: g35jc0m
For your privacy and protection, when applying to a job online, never give your social security number to a prospective employer, provide credit card or bank account information, or perform any sort of monetary transaction. Learn more.
By applying to a job using CareerBuilder you are agreeing to comply with and be subject to the CareerBuilder Terms and Conditions for use of our website. To use our website, you must agree with the Terms and Conditions and both meet and comply with their provisions.