As a Non-Delegated Correspondent Specialist, you will be the liaison for the Correspondent non-delegated business channel. You will communicate with correspondents, vendors and internal business units regarding Conventional, FHA or VA loans submitted for underwriting and purchase. The position will conduct due diligence and research based on escalations, questions or guidance needed at any point within the process. All duties will be performed in accordance with PHH’s policies, procedures, guidelines and applicable state and federal regulations.
Job Functions and Responsibilities:
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily.
- Successfully handle 45 – 60 inbound phone calls and/or emails per day focusing on underwriting guidelines, product requirements, operational process, statuses, approval or purchase of loans and conditions.
- Develop relationships with internal team members and external Correspondents.
- Review of collateral, compliance, underwriting, closing documentation
- Review loan decisions and conditions and identify potential alternatives with management.
- Provide excellent customer service within established time frames.
- Communicate purpose of conditions needed in a clear, concise manner to the Correspondent
- Review and provide status of loans as needed and assist with any process/system questions or direction needed.
- Work with Underwriting to translate guidelines with application of mitigating factors, when applicable
- Work with leadership regarding loan decisions and/or business decisions.
- Communicate with Vendor and Correspondent Sales as needed
- Identify trends and assist with the development of process improvements
- Ensure productivity, quality and performance is met.
- Utilize on shore and off shore resources in support of operational and procedural requirements.
- Ensure Compliance and stay current with laws and regulations and GSE requirements.
- Provide well-organized information and escalation to leadership as applicable.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must have the following education and/or experience:
- Bachelor’s degree preferred-preferably with a concentration in business, accounting, finance, or banking/equivalent education and applicable years of experience in the Correspondent Lending channel.
- High School Diploma, GED or Military equivalent
- A minimum of two years underwriting experience (Conventional and/or Government) required.
- Previous experience in a call center preferred
- Proven interpersonal skills, ability to interact with other departments and vendors in a professional manner.
- Demonstrate knowledge and expertise with underwriting guidelines and products inclusive of Conventional, FHA and VA.
- Strong underwriting and operational knowledge and skill.
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Strong relationship management skills
- Strong decision-making ability
- Ability to escalated loans as needed.
- Ability to multi task and meet deadlines.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, strong analytical skills and ability problem solve.
- Excellent organizational and time management skills.
- Solid understanding of the mortgage industry (preferred)
- Ability to navigate, comprehend and interpret investor guidelines
- Familiarity with Encompass and Encompass adjacent software preferred (Optimal Blue, TPO Connect)
- Familiarity with Document Imaging.
Training / Licensing Requirements:
- Must pass the Company’s Background Screening process prior to beginning employment. Additionally, as a condition of employment, you may be required to pass client-specific background check requirements or Federal/State licensing requirements, if applicable.
Company: PHH Mortgage
PHH Mortgage, a wholly owned subsidiary of Ocwen Financial Corporation, is one of the largest subservicers of residential mortgages in the United States. PHH Mortgage provides servicing solutions to companies who own mortgage servicing rights and offers portfolio retention services to extend and enhance customer relationships.
PHH has been providing mortgage lending and servicing solutions since 1984 and is dedicated to responsible and ethical practices while delivering an exceptional customer experience. We strictly focus on subservicing and portfolio retention allowing our diverse professional clients – representing some of the largest and most recognizable financial and wealth management institutions, investors of MSRs, regional and community banks, and credit unions – to concentrate on their core businesses, while providing borrowers with exceptional customer service throughout the life of their loans.
Adhering to the highest levels of risk and compliance, built to bank-like standards, we build relationships with our clients and their customers to promote a philosophy of retaining “customers for life.” We strive to be a natural extension of each client’s team, helping them to keep their expenses down, borrowers satisfied and service levels up while meeting today’s regulatory demands and changing market conditions.
Ocwen is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace and is an affirmative action employer. We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ancestry, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital status, disability, gender identity or Veteran status. If you have a disability or special need that requires accommodation, please let us know.
This position is not eligible to be performed in the state of Colorado.
Process Improvements (Business)