To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Bernville, PA 19506
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The H&K Group • Bernville, PA
Posted 22 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Landis Deck & Sons, a division of the H&K Group, Inc., is searching for a dedicated and hardworking Paving Crew, including a paving foreman, roller operator, laborer and a paving prep laborer. Also needed is a tri-axle driver with a CDL B and a broom truck driver and a milling machine operator.
The foreman plans and coordinates work being done on a crew and directs activities of workers by performing the following duties:
- Performs all work adhering to OSHA and Company Safety policy and enforces with crew.
- Schedules materials, equipment and work for the crew.
- Conducts daily huddles with crew to establish daily production goals and ensures all members of crew know and buy into the plan for the day.
- Communicates goals and purposes effectively. Lead and demonstrate by example.
- Influences and enforces company values. Recognizes misalignments with company values and culture and rectifies.
- Proactively trains and mentors crew members to enhance their skills and knowledge.
Operators operates heavy equipment in a safe and responsible manner to achieve daily production goals by performing the following duties.
- Performs all work adhering to OSHA and H&K Safety policies.
- Moves levers and depresses pedals to control operation, function and movement of machine.
- Feels lever and listens for stalling action of engine to operate equipment most efficiently.
- Cleans equipment as scheduled.
- Ensures equipment is safely and securely parked and stored.
- Maintains equipment by greasing properly and checking fluids daily (oils, coolant, fuel level).
- Performs daily checks on equipment to ensure proper operating condition.
- Notifies shop foreman of any requirements for maintenance or repairs
Laborers work on construction projects, usually working in utility capacity, by transferring from one task to another where demands require worker with varied experience and ability to work without close supervision by performing the following duties:
- Gets tools needed for daily operations
- Assists with pre-run markings
- Uses a paving lute to fine grade before roller man compacts
- Operates vibratory plate as needed
- Shovels asphalt as required
- Direct traffic around work area as required
Based in Bernville, PA, Landis C. Deck & Sons offers complete heavy civil site construction services to the Berks, Schuylkill, Northumberland, Lebanon and Lancaster county region.
Great wages and excellent benefits!