The Customer Specialist 2 is responsible for activities in the Customer Service Office as the primary point of contact for all internal and external customer interfacing communication. The CS2 is responsible for completing paperwork, maintaining schedules, and ensuring all paperwork is complete and error free. The CS2 provides information both internally and externally for a predominant portion of the day. The CS2 is also responsible for knowing the CS1 functions and is able to perform in the Customer Service as well as the Shipping and Receiving function, if needed.
- Provide a strong level of customer service to internal and external customers
- Maintain inbound and outbound schedules
- Complete paperwork to make sure it is error free and prepare orders for distribution to Operations Specialists
- Process and schedule all carrier appointments
- Communicate with customer on scheduling issues
- Sign driver in and out of the facility; verifying all paperwork
- Assign dock doors to the inbound and outbound loads
- Maintain door accuracy and yard report for trailer inventory
- Process Bills of Lading and associated shipping and receiving documents
- Reconcile inbounds with packing slips and coordinate drop lot activity
- Work closely with shift management and leads to accomplish shift goals
- Report errors and/ or issues to appropriate member of leadership to ensure accuracy
- Participate in all training programs provided
- Perform all duties in a safe and timely manner
Job Qualifications - Required
- High School Diploma/GED equivalent required.
- PC Experience with proficiency in Microsoft Office Suite (Word, Excel, PowerPoint)
- Previous AS400 and/or warehouse management systems (WMS) experience preferred
- Basic math and reading skills necessary
- Detailed oriented with the ability to perform multiple task in fast moving environment
- Ability to follow oral and/or written instruction.
- Good interpersonal skills and ability to work with internal and external customers.
Job Qualifications - Preferred
- Previous Shipping and Receiving experience in a warehouse environment.
- Strong interpersonal skills, both verbal and written
- Positive approach in all interactions
- Team orientated and self-motivated
- Ability to multi-task calmly and effectively in a rapidly changing environment
- Solid organization skills
- Willingness to learn new systems as needed
- This role routinely uses standard office and computer equipment.
We offer a market competitive benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, and life insurance, 401(k) match and tuition reimbursement. Local candidates only, please, as relocation assistance is not available for this position.
DSC Logistics is an Equal Opportunity Employer, and relies on the diverse skills, backgrounds and perspectives of our people to drive change, innovation and growth. EOE/M/F/D/V
Attention To Detail
Warehouse Management System