MV Transportation is seeking a Payroll Clerk/Coordinator (for the Uber divisions) for our Elk Horn, Iowa Support Center. Successful applicant will accurately prepare and process payroll and all corresponding items associated with Payroll for assigned divisions (Uber) on a weekly/bi-weekly basis.
- Upload/enter all employee payroll time/timesheets for the Uber divisions on a daily basis in appropriate software ensuring accuracy of employee time data.
- Process payroll for the assigned Uber divisions on a weekly/biweekly basis.
- Process Federal W-4 Withholding forms.
- Update Direct Deposit records for new hires and changes.
- Set-up EPay requests (electronic paystubs) for employees.
- Obtain all employee tips timely to ensure they are a part of payroll processing.
- Process Manual entries and Manual checks.
- Enter & maintain phone allowance information; including issuing payments.
- Collaborate with HR, Garnishment, Union and Vacation departments.
- Coordinate with Divisions each payroll period ensuring timely and accurate payrolls.
- Address employee concerns and handle tax and garnishment questions.
- Processing terminations and sending all ESEPs to HR in a timely manner.
- Ability to meet strict Payroll deadlines - noon on Wednesday each week.
- Maintain accurate records and files.
- Professional appearance and demeanor.
- Attendance according to local policy.
- Maintain a safe and organized work area.
- High School diploma or equivalent.
- Must have data entry, payroll processing and clerical experience.
- General knowledge of windows-based computer operating systems.
- Ability to read, write and speak English.
- Ability to communicate effectively on all levels.
- Customer service skills.
- Ability to work independently and follow directions.
MV Transportation is committed to as policy of Equal Employment Opportunity and will not discriminate against an applicant or employee on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, national origin or ancestry, sex, physical or mental disability, veteran or military status, genetic information or any other legally recognized protected basis under federal, state or local laws, regulations or ordinances. The information collected by this application is solely to determine suitability for employment, verify identity and maintain employment statistics on applicants.
Where permissible under applicable state and local law, applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test and background check after receiving a conditional offer of employment.