Do you have compassion and a passion to help others? Transforming healthcare and millions of lives as a result starts with the values you embrace and the passion you bring to achieve your life’s best work.(sm)
This position is responsible for supporting the Capital Planning Business Office (CPBO) by undertaking a range of activities across the Enterprise. The Sr. Business Analyst will develop materials such as process maps, project plans, risk / issues logs, and decision trackers to support strategic initiatives. Additionally, this role will develop and maintain various reports/dashboards to support capital planning management. This role requires flexibility, agility and the ability to adapt to change while maintaining strong relationships with stakeholders in a highly cross-matrixed environment.
Finally, the role is responsible for reviewing and analyzing large amounts of data from multiple sources for capital planning and use it to tell a meaningful story as well as support the CPBO on short and long-term operational/strategic business activities - by developing, enhancing and maintaining operational information and models.
You’ll enjoy the flexibility to telecommute* from anywhere within United States as you take on some tough challenges.
- Create documentation to support implementation of Business Operations initiatives
- Complete thorough business analyses, which includes examining business processes and workflows for optimization and / or performing statistical, financial and/or data analyses. Transforms data into meaningful, professional, and easy to understand formats for leadership review
- Analyze and interpret data to identify trends, patterns and opportunities for the business and clients
- Develops recommendations and reviews findings with peers and leaders
- Liaise and collaborate with the appropriate teams to complete work items, contention meetings, review solution options or deliverables, schedules and deadlines
- Documenting and updating changes to workflow, training plans, policies and procedures as directed
- Serve as the liaison between stakeholders for all capital management reporting needs. Troubleshoot all errors and data inconsistencies and coordinates resolutions to issues as directed by self, staff, regional market leadership, and corporate management
- Build and document business requirements within business guidelines that support the project intake process
- Provide subject matter expertise and operational support to business partners
- Manage departmental governance and intake processes using various software platforms
- Performs all other related duties as assigned
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Business Administration, Health Care Administration, Finance or a related field (3+ additional years of comparable work experience beyond the required years of experience may be substituted in lieu of a bachelor’s degree)
- 4+ years of business analysis, and/or healthcare operations experience
- 4+ years of experience with process maps, project plans, risk / issues logs, and decision trackers to support strategic initiatives
- 4+ years of experience in project management, process improvement and/or change management
- Experience with performing statistical, financial and/or data analyses
- Ability to present facts/recommendations effectively in oral and written form
- Ability to analyze facts and exercise sound judgment to arrive at proper conclusions
- Demonstrated analytical skills and ability to translate detailed plans and findings for executive audiences
- Advanced PC skills (Excel, PowerPoint, Word, Visio, Outlook, SharePoint)
- Ability to interact one-on-one and consult with all levels of leadership
- Work well in a remote environment (telecommuting, team spread across various locations)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Lean Six Sigma Green Belt or Black Belt Certification
- 5+ years of experience supporting a large, fast-paced operation
- Experience with project management/coordination of business operations projects
- Experience in capital planning
- Experience with tools such as QuickBase, Tableau, SharePoint
- Excellent interpersonal skills, high energy and enthusiasm, with the ability to thrive in a collaborative high performance and action-oriented team environment
- Excellent organizational skills
Careers with WellMed. Our focus is simple. We're innovators in preventative health care, striving to change the face of health care for seniors. We're impacting 550,000+ lives, primarily Medicare eligible seniors in Texas and Florida, through primary and multi-specialty clinics, and contracted medical management services. We've joined Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of companies, and our mission is to help the sick become well and to help patients understand and control their health in a lifelong effort at wellness. Our providers and staff are selected for their dedication and focus on preventative, proactive care. For you, that means one incredible team and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.(sm)
Colorado Residents Only: The salary range for Colorado residents is $64,800 to $116,000. Pay is based on several factors including but not limited to education, work experience, certifications, etc. As of the date of this posting, In addition to your salary, UHG offers the following benefits for this position, subject to applicable eligibility requirements: Health, dental, and vision plans; wellness program; flexible spending accounts; paid parking or public transportation costs; 401(k) retirement plan; employee stock purchase plan; life insurance, short-term disability insurance, and long-term disability insurance; business travel accident insurance; Employee Assistance Program; PTO; and employee-paid critical illness and accident insurance.
*All Telecommuters will be required to adhere to UnitedHealth Group’s Telecommuter Policy
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Job Keywords: Business Analysis, Data Analysis, Healthcare Operations, Project Management, Process Improvement, Change Management, Telecommute, Telecommuting, Telecommuter, Work From Home, Work At Home, Remote