To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Atlanta, GA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Maintenance Mechanic 2:30pm-11:00pm
MSC Industrial Supply Co., Inc. • Atlanta, GA
Posted 14 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
Serving customer and community starts with the very best people doing their very best work. That is precisely what we have at MSC Industrial Supply Co., a leading North American distributor of metalworking and maintenance, repair, and operations (MRO) products and services.
DUTIES and RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintains, inspects, repairs and services MHE equipment within manufacturers guidelines and specifications.
- Provides leadership and/or guidance to less experienced mechanics on more complex assignments as needed.
- Schedules routine maintenance on all equipment, performs work on assigned material handling equipment for operation.
- Identifies, orders, and replaces parts necessary to complete repairs for routine maintenance.
- Completes data entry for work orders, and maintenance time sheets in an accurate and timely manner.
- Maintains a safe and clean work environment performing all work in accordance with established quality standards and safety procedures.
- Performs additional maintenance duties as necessary.
- Fosters the MSC Culture in the department and throughout the company to ensure MSC’s unity of purpose and fulfillment of MSC’s mission.
- Participates in special projects and performs additional duties as required.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- High school diploma or the equivalent is required.
- Technical certification a plus.
- Minimum of five years of job related experience required.
- Five years working knowledge of electrical, mechanical and systems diagnostics related and pertaining to material handling equipment and various MHE equipment (primarily Raymond, Crown & Hyser) required.
- Must comply with disposal of DOT regulated items where required.
- Basic computer literacy (Excel/Word) required.
- Must obtain MSC license to drive warehouse vehicles within specified time requirements.
- Working knowledge and experience of conveyor systems and controls, plumbing and HVAC a plus.
- Bending to lift items from the floor and racks required.
- Ability to lift items of up to 75 pounds required.
- Ability to operate at heights of up to 50 feet required.
- Ability to stand for prolonged periods of time required.
- A valid state driver’s license is required.
People. Collaboration. Insight. That’s how you build something that works.
Built on a foundation of trust, MSC works side by side with our customers to help them drive business results. With more than one million product offerings and 75+ years of experience across industries, MSC strives to help our customers achieve greater productivity, profitability, and growth through inventory management and other innovative supply chain solutions.
As one of America’s Best Large Employers (named in 2017 by Forbes magazine), we care about our associates and have programs in place to help our 6,000+ team members achieve their potential. When you join our team, you will receive rewards and recognition for your contributions, training and professional development opportunities, as well as a variety of benefits to support you and your family's health, well-being, and financial future.
If you are inspired to learn, take risks, and succeed as a team, you can build a better career at MSC.
Equal Opportunity Statement
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or gender identity.