A $500 retention bonus will be paid to those eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 6 months of active employment with XPO Logistics in their current qualified position. Eligible participants who are hired while the program is in effect and attain 12 months of active employment in their current qualified position will receive another $500 bonus. The bonuses are subject to all applicable taxes. All other rules governing this program will apply.
Pay starts at $23.98
Logistics done differently.
At XPO Logistics, our skilled team of mechanics is the driving force that keeps our fleet of tractors and trailers operating in top condition. As the Mechanic Apprentice, you’ll need strong mechanical and diagnostic abilities, a desire to take on challenges and a willingness to be a team player dedicated to exceptional customer service. At XPO, you’ll have the support to excel at work and the resources to build a career you can be proud of.
Pay, benefits and more.
We are eager to attract the best, so we offer competitive compensation and a generous benefits package, including full health insurance (medical, dental and vision), 401(k), life insurance, disability and more.
What you’ll do on a typical day:
- Perform routine maintenance functions and adjustments on all types of class 7 and 8 diesel equipment, forklifts and trailing equipment, in compliance with the manufacturers' and company schedules
- Access any area of the equipment or vehicle to perform necessary maintenance, including inspecting and performing work in, on or under parts of vehicles and trailers
- Repair or rebuild all or part of equipment systems
- Conduct safety inspections of equipment and prepare safety documentation
What you need to succeed at XPO:
At a minimum, you’ll need:
- 1 year of experience in general heavy truck repair, automotive repair or equipment repair; equivalent trade school/technical school time may be applied toward this requirement
- Complete the XPO Logistics Apprentice Mechanic Program to progress to the next level
- Apply knowledge and work in accordance with DOT, Environmental Protection Agency (EPA), Interstate Authority, Occupational Safety and Health Administration (OSHA) and other rules and regulations as required
- Your own mechanic hand tools required for tractor/trailer and forklift repairs and maintenance
- Basic computer skills
It’d be great if you also have:
- Previous or current ASE certifications
- Basic welding skills such as Oxy/Acetylene, ARC and MIG
This job requires the ability to:
- Lift objects of various shapes, sizes and weights (up to 50 lbs. frequently and greater than 75 lbs. occasionally)
- Reach (including above your head), bend, climb, push, pull, twist, squat and kneel
- Walk and stand for extended periods of time on a loading dock that is not climate-controlled and may be slippery or in various locations that may be outside
Be part of something big.
XPO is a leading provider of cutting-edge supply chain solutions to the most successful companies in the world. We help our customers manage their goods most efficiently using our technology and services. Our greatest strength is our global team – energetic, innovative people of all experience levels and talents who make XPO a great place to work.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, sex, disability, veteran or other protected status.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. All employees may be required to perform duties outside of their normal responsibilities from time to time, as needed.
Oxy Fuel Welding And Cutting
Metal Inert Gas (Mig) Welding
Occupational Safety And Health