Supporting the Most Exciting and Meaningful Missions in the World
Airfield Operations Manager
Serve as the Airfield Operations Manager for a Base Operations Support contract in the Central Virginia area. The manager is responsible for providing resources and managing requirements for airfield operations support as scheduled by the Senior Airfield Operator and/or Security Branch Management. The manager shall demonstrate and apply highly developed interpersonal, analytical and communication (written and verbal) skills the ability to manage complex programs in a diverse and dynamic environment with short-notice tasking’s under high pressure situations.
- Assist Senior Airfield Operator with scheduling of airfield activities and flights; inspections and maintenance of Base's airfield, hangars, and aircraft landing zones, to include:
- Operate and maintain airfield/aviation equipment in accordance with Base and FAA regulations.
- Serve as an air traffic advisor for the Base airfield and landing/drop zones.
- Communicate weather conditions and restricted airspace information with aviators during training exercises.
- Maintain airfield weather and aeronautical equipment and gauges to include the Data Transmission Network weather satellite system.
- Document weather observations for the Base's Supplementary Aviation Weather Reporting Stations (SAWRS).
- Take Wet-Bulb Globe readings during hot weather months and disseminate information to department heads.
- Coordinate support equipment, material, and personnel as needed.
- Provide flight crewmembers and passengers a security awareness briefing
- Assist Senior Airfield Operator with submitting periodic security and airfield reports, as required.
- Assist Senior Airfield Operator with the Collection and documentation of daily weather conditions that are submitted to the National Weather Service on a monthly basis.
- Assist Senior Airfield Operator with conducting annual inventories of airfield and government owned property.
Required Qualifications and Experience:
- Bachelor’s Degree in Aviation or 5 years of experience in Airfield Operations
- Valid Virginia Driver’s License
- Certified fork lift operator
- Certified as Supplementary Aviation Weather Reporting Station and Aviation Sentry
- Experience with Reporting Automated Weather Operations System, Tactical Air Ground Radio System, and Airfield Ground Marshalling Service
- Experience with operating airplane Tug and electrical aircraft hook up.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Must possess a current TS/SCI clearance with polygraph
Other Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Ability to work in a fast-pace environment that requires handling multiple tasks at a given time and rapidly adapting to changing priorities and schedules
- Excellent organizational and time management skills
- Expert computer skills, specifically Microsoft Office Suite
An Equal Opportunity Employer. PAE’s hiring practices provide equal opportunity for employment without regard to race, religion, color, sex, gender, national origin, age, United States military veteran’s status, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, family structure, medical condition including genetic characteristics or information, veteran status, or mental or physical disability so long as the essential functions of the job can be performed with or without reasonable accommodation, or any other protected category under federal, state, or local law.
URL blocked - click to apply