To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Troy, MI
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Sr. Security Operations & Architecture Engineer
FlagStar Bank • Troy, MI
Posted 7 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
- Actively monitoring systems that surface potential cyber threats to the organization. Evaluate potential impact to the organization and take action accordingly.
- Evaluate and identify emerging threats and determine bank’s emerging cyber security threats to determine overall vulnerabilities.
- Serve as a liaison to support remediation efforts and implement cyber security measures on multiple security platforms to safeguard information systems assets against accidental or unauthorized changes.
- Monitor incident ticket queue to provide prompt and effective response to business inquiry/operational disruptions or requests for risk acceptance.
- Leads specific primary security operations and architecture program. Guides, coaches more junior team members.
- Continuously improve and develop new monitoring processes and responsible for quality assurance of threat response processes.
- Ensure compliance with applicable federal, state and local laws and regulations. Complete all required compliance training. Maintain knowledge of and adhere to Flagstar's internal compliance policies and procedures. Take responsibility to keep up to date with changing regulations and policies.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Cyber Security, Information Assurance or other related technology degree is preferred
- 4+ years of experience in an information technology security role with Bachelor’s Degree - OR - 8+ years of comparable work experience
- 2+ years of experience maintaining vulnerability management solutions or data loss prevention or firewall/intrusion prevention systems
- CISSP, CISA, or other security certification is required
- Previous experience performing penetration testing exercises with industry-recognized tools
- Understanding of security administration across multiple operating systems including Windows and Unix/Linux as well as Cisco
- Strong understanding of cyber security principles and domains
- Proven ability to manage endpoint security solutions to protect and avoid operational disruption
- Proven ability to manage IDS/IPS, SIEM, UBA solutions effectively to maximize value
- Expert understanding of modern cyber security frameworks
- Strong Windows and/or Linux Server experience along with a working knowledge of the OSI model and TCP/IP and web application principles pertaining to secure coding
- Strong organizational skills to handle multiple priorities
- Ability to write concise and effective reports to communicate issues and recommend courses of action
- Ability to work collaboratively and gain consensus with others
- Ability to communicate with the business to identify requirements or issues and plan for best resolution
Internal Use Only: Band F