ABOUT MATERION: Materion Corporation (NYSE: MTRN) is one of the world’s premier high performance advanced materials companies, dedicated to providing solutions that enable our customers’ technologies and drive their growth. Materion is a unique, rapidly growing, advanced materials solutions company enabling our customers' high-value technology and long-term success. Our advance materials are used in a variety of electrical, electronic, thermal and structural applications. Products include precious and non-precious specialty metals, precision optical filters, inorganic chemicals and powders, specialty coatings, specialty engineered beryllium alloys, beryllium and beryllium composites, and engineered clad and plated metal systems. We offer competitive salary, incentive bonus opportunity, tuition reimbursement, a competitive retirement plan, comprehensive healthcare and dental coverage and advancement opportunities.JOB PURPOSE AND REPORTING STRUCTURE
Under the supervision of the Janitorial Lead, the Grounds Maintenance employee is responsible for following detailed and established routines and procedures to perform maintenance, janitorial and cleaning duties throughout the plant, grounds and office areas.ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Duties would include: clean offices and designated plant areas to include vacuuming, sweeping and mopping of office floors; wash windows; and empty waste baskets and remove trash from the building. Clean and sanitize lavatories and wash basins, clean mirrors, fill dispensers and mop floors.
- Dump trash barrels and clean vending machine area.
- Operate a forklift truck.
- Use hand and power tools.
- May assist maintenance staff on projects as needed.
- Must be able to change light bulbs, fixtures and ceiling tiles; notify supervisor regarding other needed repairs. Minor mechanical repairs as needed.
- Assist in snow removal, moving of furniture, lawn care, and similar related duties.
- Paint and build shipping crates using power saws.
- Move and/or re-arrange work stations and offices.
The above statement reflects the general details necessary to describe the principle functions of the position described and shall not be construed as a detailed description of all the work requirements that may be inherent in the role.
Materion is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Minority/Female/Disabled/Veteran. EDUCATION and/or EXPERIENCE
- Requires the ability to follow both written and verbal instructions.
- Routine can be learned in a brief period of time. Must have basic computer skills.
Requires the ability to operate various equipment to include various janitorial equipment, simple hand tools, snow blower, and stripping and buffing machines
- Work outside on all weather conditions.