To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Franklin, GA 30217
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
RN Clinical Competency Coordinator HCC
PruittHealth • Franklin, GA
Posted 1 month ago
Responsible for creating a culture of excellence and learning among staff, through role modeling, quality education, competency assessment and team building activities. Evaluation of care provided to patients is determined by assessing competency of clinical staff on an ongoing basis, evaluating care provided to patients by bedside observation of quantity and quality of clinical services, assessing staff’s demonstration of proper procedures and attitudes and reviewing medical records and documentation. Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and evaluating orientation, inservices, and education programs. Uses and maintains records of education through the Relias Learning Management System (LMS).
1. Achieves educational objectives established in accordance with identified learning needs, policies and procedures, and state and federal laws and regulations that apply to the practice of nursing in LTC.
2. Demonstrates the ability to apply comprehensive knowledge of the fundamental of the nursing process, understands standards of care, and demonstrates sound decision making and judgment in education activities involving all levels of patient care personnel.
3. Applies nursing theories and trends appropriately in an educational setting.
4. Uses personal qualities, professional techniques to stimulate the interest of learners, and methods to make learning fun while motivating partners to constructive action in learning.
5. Oversees the healthcare centers orientation program for new partners and recommends progression to permanent employment or extension of the orientation/probationary periods, as well as baseline, annual, and on-going clinical competency evaluation of nursing partners.
6. Plans, prioritizes, organizes, and conducts structured learning experiences to meet the individual needs of the partners, overall facility needs, and the strategic goals of the healthcare center.
7. Based on partner/facility needs assessments, ensures all programs conducted address the development of psychomotor (technical), cognitive (clinical reasoning), and affective (behavior) domains of learning.
8. Consults with and/or involves the RN Clinical Education Consultants, Senior Nurse Consultants, community resources and/or other organizational resources to meet the education needs of healthcare partners.
9. Conducts/coordinates required training classes for licensed nurses monthly. Primary educator for facility-based training programs including but not limited to Basic Life Support (BLS), Wound Care, Tracheostomy Care, and Infusion Therapy.
10. Collaborates with Consulting Services Nurse Aide Training Program (NATP) Instructors during the PruittHealth In-facility Certified Nurse Aide Training Program and coordinates student assignments between the completion of the formal course and the student’s State certification, if applicable.
11. Provides clinical and hands on instruction, and the on-the-job coaching to licensed and unlicensed partners.
12. Utilizes and disseminates current evidence-based nursing literature and other educational materials as a method of educating healthcare center partners.
13. Manages partner education files (paper/electronic).
14. Monitors license/certification status through PeopleSoft system.
15. Analyzes and utilizes evaluation feedback from educational programs to assist in the revision and development of current and/or future classes.
16. Maintains all educational resources, including written, electronic, and videos, making them available to partners when needed.
17. Coordinates student’s clinical experiences with the facility; provides orientation for visiting faculty and students.
18. Serves as the facility Infection Preventionist and coordinates the Employee Health Program.
19. Establishes and implement infection control program designed to provide a safe, sanitary and comfortable environment and to prevent the development and transmission of disease and infection.
20. Conducts infection control surveillance activities to investigate, control and prevent infections in the facility.
21. Provides consultation to all departments on application of infection control principles and procedures to specific situations.
22. Conducts staff training and monitor performance particularly for proper hand washing, isolation techniques and universal precautions.
23. Implements workplace safety programs in the facility including hazard communication, occupational exposure to blood borne pathogens and required record keeping of occupational illnesses and injuries.
24. Maintains material safety data sheets and exposure control plan for blood borne pathogens readily accessible to all staff, 24 hours a day.
25. Coordinates Hepatitis B Vaccination Program and post exposure evaluation and follow up requirement.
26. Participates in the Quality Assurance Performance Improvement (QAPI) program, attending regularly scheduled meetings, and conducts educational experiences that facilitate performance improvement in the healthcare center.
27. Attends workshops designed for the Professional Development/Staff Development Educator and participates in other educational experiences that assist partners in maintaining and improving personal clinical and teaching competencies.
28. Participates in the interview and selection process of clinical staff.
29. Completes initial competency assessment of clinical staff during orientation process, annually and as needed.
30. Identified and trains clinical staff who will serve as preceptors for new partners, using train-the-trainer approach. Oversee preceptor program and meet with preceptor team on a regular basis, to ensure that organizational standards, policies and procedures are maintained.
31. Conducts competency assessments to determine partner learning needs based on patient conditions and acuity.
32. Meets regularly with DHS to review learning needs, coordinate training and to implement plans for education and follow-up.
33. Communicates regularly with unit managers regarding new partner orientation and competency status and ongoing educational needs of unit staff.
34. Reviews with DHS outcomes of case mix and clinical meetings to identify clinical learning needs for partners.
35. Participates in performance improvement activities.
36. Serves as Pruitt University system administrator for facility, providing training for partners and promoting ongoing use of this education tool among all partners.
37. Maintains documentation of all partner education in accordance with regulations, policies and procedures.
38. Develops and direct facility orientation program and training for new employees including general orientation to facility policies, procedures, philosophy of care and regulations that govern long term care.
39. Communicates and interpret policies and procedures to nursing staff.
40. Monitors practice for effective implementation.
41. Maintains confidentiality of employee medical records.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, ABILITIES
• Strong clinical assessment skills and demonstrated clinical competency.
• Leader, advisor/mentor, researcher, facilitator, and change agent.
• Knowledge of regulations impacting LTC, assisted living, home health, hospice, and other parts of the organization.
• Ability to communicate clearly and effectively, both verbally and in writing.
• Exceptional ability to work independently and in teams, handle additional projects as assigned, meet tight deadlines, and manage multiple priorities and projects simultaneously. Conflict management/resolution.
• Computer skills including Microsoft Word required, Excel and Power Point preferred.
• Ability to utilize several types of media (written, software, podcasts, etc.) and AV equipment for training courses.
• Knowledge and use of Adult Learning Principles.
• Work history should document volunteer or paid teaching experiences including competency assessment of skills.
• Demonstrates excellent clinical assessment skills and ability to teach these skills to facility partners utilizing the principles of Adult Learning.
• Maintains personal clinical competency through continuous use of Pruitt University and any other sources needed to maintain and improve skills, including training required by organization.
• Participates in center/agency surveys (Licensure/JCAHO) and any subsequently required reports.
• Attends and participates in continuing educational programs to keep abreast of changes in your field as well as to maintain current license/certification as required.
• Attends and participates in mandatory in-services.
• Honors patients/residents’ rights to fair and equitable treatment, self-determination, individuality, privacy, property and civil rights, including the right to wage complaints.
• Complies with corporate compliance program.
• Reports job-related functions/tasks that involve occupational hazards including exposure to blood and body fluids and others as necessary.
• Follows established safety regulations, to include fire protection and prevention, smoking regulations, infection control, etc.
• Follows established safety procedures when performing tasks and/or working with equipment.
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor of Science Degree in Nursing from an accredited college or university, or Associate Degree in Nursing (ADN) but currently enrolled in a BSN program.
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
Experience in implementing and maintaining policy-driven practices is highly desirable; history of working with state/federal regulations a plus.
Experience in providing patient, family and/or staff education strongly encouraged.
Recent acute care or LTC experience.
Education in the theory and principles of adult learning.
MINIMUM LICENSURE/CERTIFICATION REQUIRED BY LAW:
Current and unrestricted Registered Nurse (RN) licensure in state of practice.
Current CPR (BLS) certification.
Within six (6) months of hire successful completion of organizational training programs: IV Certification, Pain Management, Wound Care, Respiratory Care, and CCC Certification.
Within twelve (12) months obtain American Heart Association CPR Instructor Certification.
Infection Preventionist Certification.
State specific Certified Nurse Aide Program, Train the Trainer (TTT) Engages, if applicable.
ADDITIONAL QUALIFICATIONS: (Preferred qualifications)
CPR Instructor preferred.
Certification by Nationally Accredited Nursing Organization highly preferred (i.e. Gerontological Nursing, CRNI, or Certified Nurse Educator).
Primary Location: Georgia-Franklin
Shift: 1st Shift
Job Posting: Apr 22, 2019, 2:39:06 PM