To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chattanooga, TN 37405
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
The Lincoln Electric Company • Chattanooga, TN
Posted 1 month ago
Tenessee Rand, a subsidiary of Lincoln Electric, is a full service automation integrator. We provide engineering, machining, and integrated robotic systems with core competencies in advanced welding system design, high-quality weld fixtures, robotic integration, process automation, and ongoing service and support.
The primary responsibility of this position is to serve as a front end to pre-sale of the Company’s automation solutions including the generation of quotations and meeting with customers to ensure the scope and specification of the project. This position quotes robotic welding and material handling solutions, dedicated welding and assembly machines.
JOB DESCRIPTION (DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES):
- Evaluate technical content of complex potential projects and develop tooling/system concepts for processing of customer assemblies.
- Determine feasibility of complex customer applications (welding or other) and complete application engineering tasks in a timely manner.
- Provide technical support to Sales, Engineering and Project Management departments.
- Accurately estimate material and labor costs required to produce the proposed equipment in a profitable manner.
- Estimate process, machinery and operator load/unload cycle times.
- Generate and review complex quotations for content and accuracy.
- Provide process expertise for Sales and Customer Support departments.
- Generate and present technical presentations to customers.
- Demonstrate understanding of the nature of the industry served and the available market.
- Exhibit a whole company perspective relative to system and solution specific opportunities.
- Assist engineers and other technical staff in design and development of products, systems, processes and equipment by analyzing technical challenges and working in accordance with customer specifications.
- When necessary, travel to the customer’s site to assist in project or product development, working with engineering design specifications, objectives and standards.
- Attend post-project review meetings for the purpose of analyzing the successes and failures of projects with respect to profitability and technical satisfaction.
- BS degree in Engineering (or equivalent).
- 7+ years of experience with automation equipment and tooling.
- 5+ years of experience with robotic welding (arc, laser, resistance) and material handling applications
- Knowledge of AutoCAD and Microsoft Office software (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Access and Outlook)
- Demonstrated skills with technical writing, communication and customer relations.
- Self-motivated, able to act independently to set and manage priorities.
- Adaptability in handling changing work priorities and customer requirements.
- Strong organizational skills with the ability to manage multiple projects and priorities.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills, strong math skills and the ability to handle both simple tasks and complex assignments.
- High energy level and flexibility to manage job demands outside of traditional business hours.
- Ability to travel up to 15%.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to use hands to finger, handle, or feel and talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; reach with hands and arms; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch, or crawl. The employee is occasionally required to sit. The employee will occasionally lift or move up to 50 pounds.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The employee is exposed to moving mechanical parts. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to their race, color, religion, national origin, sex, protected veteran status or disability.
Lincoln Electric is a $2.5B publicly traded company (NASDAQ) with over 10,000 employees around the world. With operations in over 40 manufacturing locations in 19 countries, we are well positioned to continue this partnership and poised to grow with our customers.
As a part of that continuing legacy, you will contribute to a new generation of innovation and experience the pride that comes with being part of the solution to the world’s challenges. It is a great time to be part of the welding industry!
Lincoln Electric does not accept unsolicited resumes from third-party recruiters. Resumes submitted to any employee(s) of Lincoln Electric without a signed vendor agreement, by the Manager of Recruiting & Training, will become property of Lincoln Electric. Verbal or written commitments from any other member of Lincoln Electric will not be considered binding terms. Lincoln Electric will not pay a fee to any third-party recruiter that has not coordinated their recruiting activity through the Recruiting Department.
Employment Status: Salary Full-Time
Section: Lincoln Cleveland (US10)