Are you ready to explore a world of possibilities?
Join our DTCC family, and you’ll grow your expertise and become the best version of you. As you embark on a new journey, you’ll tackle challenges with flexibility and grace, learning new skills and advancing your career while having the time of your life.
Why you’ll love this job:
Being a member of the Compliance team means you will be part of a diverse and collaborative team. As the Director of Technology Compliance, you will support the identification, development and ongoing effectiveness of key technology controls leveraged by DTCC to maintain compliance with its regulatory requirements. Technology Compliance maintains a centralized inventory of regulatory requirements for technology and facilitates mapping of those requirements to controls. In addition, the function monitors policies and procedures that demonstrate compliance with technology's regulatory requirements and works with technology to address gaps and inconsistencies. The Director also assists in the preparation of reports on the status of the program to Board, Committees and senior management. The candidate must have strong communication skills with the ability to articulate problems and solutions through concise and clear messaging and have demonstrated the ability to assess complex issues and structure potential solutions to drive resolution with senior stakeholders.
We are a team, and, together, we can help each other achieve goals.
Your primary responsibilities:
- Maintain a comprehensive understanding of laws, regulations and requirements applicable to technology (e.g. Reg SCI) and resulting controls that enable compliance.
- Foster an environment of regulatory awareness and maintain awareness of regulatory requirements and ongoing changes in DTCC’s business.
- Monitor for new or changing technology related regulations and assess DTCC’s readiness for compliance.
- Serve as an authoritative resource on current and emerging technology compliance related risks as well as regulatory and industry developments that impact those risks.
- Support Regulatory Relations, GCO and technology areas in regulatory examinations, inspections and inquires.
- Advance DTCC’s response time to address compliance gaps or weaknesses. Monitor regulatory trends and actions to proactively anticipate future areas of regulatory focus.
- Working in partnership with Compliance Risk Assessment and Testing, monitor key inherently high-risk compliance requirements and the design and effectiveness of the processes, controls and metrics within technology related to compliance with those requirements (e.g. Reg SCI).
- Monitor Technology’s Policies and Procedures to maintain compliance with key regulations and identify and address any gaps or inconsistencies and test/monitor for adherence to key controls.
- Address any training needs specific to technology to support the coverage of regulatory compliance related risks. This responsibility includes DTCC’s software development methodologies, incident management and change and release management.
- Communicate key Compliance program statuses, issues and escalation of key risks via maintenance and production of Board, Committee and Management reporting of compliance program effectiveness, issues, risk tolerances, operational risk profiles and key metrics.
- Interface and build relationship with the business and support functions to understand tactical and big picture issues in the organization, leveraging data gathered from those areas to monitor compliance with key regulatory obligations.
- Effectively challenge the business’ assessment of the control environment and documented controls, based on analysis of regulatory issues, metric performance and internally identified issues.
- Oversee the collection and quality assurance of management information reported in compliance management dashboards.
- Support and monitor ongoing staff education and development in effective risk management.
- Mitigates risk by following established procedures, spotting key errors and demonstrating strong ethical behavior.
NOTE: The primary responsibilities of this role are not limited to the details above
Knowledge and Skills Required:
- Minimum of 10 years of related experience
- Bachelor's degree preferred with Masters or equivalent experience
- Information Technology or Computer Science to degree level.
- Working knowledge of new technologies such as cloud and distributed ledger technology.
- Ability to align the goals of business and technology and act as a translator of terminology.
- Ability to work to tight deadlines and under pressure during incidents.
- Strong interpersonal, presentation, analytical and communication skills.
We are an equal opportunity employer and value diversity at our company. We do not discriminate on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, sex, gender, gender expression, sexual orientation, age, marital status, veteran status, or disability status. We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform essential job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us to request accommodation.
DTCC safeguards the financial markets and helps them run efficiently, in times of prosperity and crisis. We are uniquely positioned at the center of global trading activity, processing over 100 million financial transactions every day, pioneering industry-wide, post-trade solutions and maintaining multiple data and operating centers worldwide. From where we stand, we can anticipate the industry’s needs and we’re working to continually improve the world’s most resilient, secure and efficient market infrastructure. Our employees are driven to deliver innovative technologies that improve efficiency, lower cost and bring stability and certainty to the post-trade lifecycle.
Our work environment favors openness and gives people freedom to do their jobs well, by encouraging diverse opinions and emphasizing teamwork. When you join our team, you’ll have an opportunity to make meaningful contributions at a company that is recognized as a thought leader in both the financial services and technology industries. A DTCC career is more than a good way to earn a living. It’s the chance to make a difference at a company that’s truly one of a kind.
The General Counsel's Office is a valued, trusted and responsive partner within DTCC. The team promotes and protects the best interests of the DTCC family of companies by creating and facilitating solutions and providing guidance on legal and regulatory matters.
The Compliance Department is dedicated to protecting DTCC against risks of non-compliance with applicable laws and regulatory matters affecting DTCC and its subsidiaries, including evaluating and responding to new and changing federal, state, local and administrative regulations.