$100k-$110k Salary! Hiring Bonus! Multiple vacancies!
Transdev is the largest private sector operator of multiple modes of passenger transit in North America, providing bus, rail, paratransit, shuttle, sedan and taxi services. We manage over 200 transportation contracts for cities, transit authorities and airports, providing safe and sustainable mobility solutions. Our mission is to improve public transportation, to enhance quality of life and combat global warming.
This position entails providing direct supervision to the mechanics associated with the Maintenance Facility at the South San Francisco campus of Compass Transportation.
In this leadership role you will monitors outside contract laborers; schedules the repairs and maintenance of a wide variety of light to Medium powered equipment (including buses and other vehicles); ensure the work environment fostered by the organization meets regulatory requirements and fulfill other task consistent with guaranteeing we operate a premier Maintenance Facility steadfast with our top priority, “SAFETY”.
Supervises mechanics and utilities; monitors outside contract laborers
- Supervises mechanics and utilities, investigates, provides information, makes and administers decisions concerning employee discipline
- The Maintenance Foreman also has the responsibility of scheduling time off
- Evaluates the performance of employees
- Facilitates and schedules training of new employees
- Works with Human Resources by participating in interview panels for maintenance positions
- Explains administrative policies and procedures to employees; administers Collective Bargaining Agreement provisions
- Monitors absences/PTO usage; verifies and authorizes time sheets for payroll purposes
- Represents Transdev at first level grievances
- Schedules outside contract labor for special projects and monitors the laborers performance
- Conducts daily safety/turnover meetings
Coordinates coach/fleet vehicle repairs, maintenance and servicing
- Schedules major and minor repairs
- Creates work orders for repairs to coaches, reviews past work orders for repairs to coaches, and reviews and closes current work orders
- Assigns work to mechanics based on work required
- Makes on-the-spot decisions regarding repairs; and, at times, makes on-the-spot repairs
- Consults with mechanics on diagnosis and procedures for repair and assists with technical questions
- Generates tracking sheets to ensure repairs are completed in a timely manner
- Monitors work for quality and quantity
- Works with Parts personnel to obtain the correct replacement parts
- Decides which coaches to pull-out or swap-out
- Lists and schedules the coaches ready for preventative maintenance when working the day shift
- Schedules the coaches listed for preventative maintenance when working the swing shift
Tracks and analyzes data for various reports
- Reviews work orders for accuracy
- Monitors the status of down/out-of-service equipment and issues a daily report
- Collects oil samples and sends them for analysis
Performs tasks and projects as assigned
- Addresses any environmental concerns or issues that develop
- Ensures the cleanliness of the yard and facilities
- This position has extensive autonomy to decide when and how work is done
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Purpose and Nature of Work Relationships:
- Has extensive contact with others inside the organization; works with Radio personnel, operations supervisors, and dispatch to facilitate the maintenance and repairs of the coaches.
Other duties as required.
- The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by the employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations can possibly be made to enable an individual with disabilities in order to perform these essential functions.
- Work may be accomplished in doors and in air conditioned or well ventilated facilities or in open garage facility/outdoors.
- Performs physical activities that require considerable use of the arms, repetitive hand-wrist motion, and legs and moving the whole body, such as climbing, lifting, balancing, walking, stooping, and handling of materials.
- May be required to lift up to 75 pounds
- Must submit to drug testing, physical examination, and a criminal background check
Education, Licensing, and Certifications :
- Valid state driver’s license required
- Must be able to obtain a forklift driving certification
- An Associates degree in management, mechanical engineering or other related technical field is required or an amount of experience equivalent to an Associates degree
- High School Diploma or GED and valid driver’s license in this state and the ability to obtain a CDL Class B with Passenger Endorsement required
- Requires five (5) years of progressive mechanical experience to include diesel mechanic experience of which a minimum of 2 years must be in supervisory or lead role
- Must have Coach/Bus experience
Skills and Knowledge Required:
- Must be computer literate in word processing, spreadsheet, and database programs
- Must be able to work amid constant interruptions, prioritize and deal with time pressures and be able to clearly communicate verbally and in written form
- Must have a broad understanding of all mechanical systems related to heavy duty transportation vehicles to include transmissions, engines, brakes, climate control units
- Must have strong organization and labor relations skills, have radio dispatch skills and have basic math skills for tracking trend and for report writing
- This position is autonomous and self-directed and the ability to handle crisis/conflict is required
- Must be able to pass a pre-employment physical examination including a drug test
Tools, Equipment and Vehicles Used:
- Computer, printer, 2-way radio, telephone, fax, coach and fleet vehicles, forklift, CFAC lifts, hand tools; uniforms are worn.
Unique Working Conditions:
- Works outside in extreme weather conditions, is around fumes/odors and chemicals, and is around heavy machinery and safety hazards.
The job requirements and duties outlined in this document may be subject to change to meet the needs of each property location.
Travel requirement (as a percent): 25%
For more information please visit our website at www.transdevna.com/careers
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions upon request.
Transdev is an Equal Employment Opportunity (EEO) employer and welcomes all qualified applicants. Applicants will receive fair and impartial consideration without regard to race, sex, color, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, genetic data, gender identity, sexual orientation, religion or other legally protected status, or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law.
EEO is the Law Poster: http://www1.eeoc.gov/employers/poster.cfm
Drug free workplace
If based in the United States, applicants must be eligible to work in US without restrictions for any employer at any time; be able to pass a drug screen and background check
Requisition ID 2019-10754
Position Category Maintenance/Mechanics/Parts/Utility/Materials
Internal Code \#TOD
Internal Reference 095
Internal Code 3 Ind2
Company/Division Compass Transportation
Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)