More Information about this Job
Job Description :
Our mission of providing care to the world at a moment's notice is at the heart of everything we do. We are caregivers, first and foremost and we will be there when you need us.
With more than 38,000 employees, Global Medical Response teams deliver compassionate, quality medical care, primarily in the areas of emergency and patient relocation services around the world. We provide end-to-end medical transportation as well as fire services, integrated healthcare solutions and disaster response.
The mission and purpose this position is to compassionately deliver high-quality service and basic, as well as advanced patient care in a professional, caring and cost-effective manner.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Assess each call situation to determine best course of action and appropriate protocol.
• Utilize medical equipment and procedures including defibrillator, EKG monitor, oxygen and suction devices, intravenous fluids, CPR and other procedures and medications as required to provide advanced medical care.
• Provide patient care according to clinical protocols and safety requirements.
• Lift and move patients as required to provide optimum care.
• Act as team leader and take responsibility for scene and unit management as needed.
• Continuously maintain all required certifications.
• Document activities with regard to patient care and billing completely to ensure appropriate information is available regarding each call.
• Work collaboratively and in a professional manner with all allied health and public safety personnel.
• Reports immediately to the on duty supervisor any incident involving a negative customer and/or patient interaction.
• Ability to discern deviations/changes in eye/skin coloration due to patient's condition and to the treatment given.
• Adhere to all company policies and procedures.
• Adherence to and compliance with information systems security policies and procedures.
Non-Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
• Perform other duties as assigned.
• Must be able to successfully pass Physical Agility Test
• Aptitudes required for work of this nature are good physical stamina, endurance, and body condition that would not be adversely affected by frequently having to walk, stand, lift, carry, and balance at times.
• Must be able to lift, drag, hoist, and carry different types of equipment and other objects.
• High school diploma or equivalent (GED). Some advanced education preferred.
• Georgia Drivers' License• State of Georgia EMT License
• CPR Card (American Heart Association ONLY, Health Care Provider. Handwritten cards are not acceptable)
• Some past work experience, preferably in healthcare desired.
Global Medical Response is an equal opportunity employer and as such, affirms in policy and practice to recruit, hire, train and promote, in all job classifications without regard to race, color, religion, gender, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or status as a protected veteran.
Reasonable accommodation will be provided for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans in job application procedures.
This document in no way constitutes a contract of employment. This description is not intended to be an exhaustive listing of all skills, duties, or responsibilities associated with the job. Management reserves the right to revise the job, or to require that other or different tasks be performed, should circumstances change (i.e., changes in personnel, workload, or technological development). EEO Statement
Global Medical Response and its family of companies are an Equal Opportunity Employer, which includes supporting veterans and providing reasonable accommodations for individuals with a disability.
- Advanced Cardiovascular Life Support (Acls)
- Computer Security