ECS is seeking a Senior Software Development Manager - .NET to work in our Stafford, VA office.
The Software Developer will support the DMSS program by providing hands-on development support to our software development scrum teams.
The ECS Team provides agile software development and maintenance for CODIS, a mission-critical application for the FBI. CODIS is a client server application developed using Microsoft .NET that supports a database repository of DNA profiles from individuals, unsolved crime scene evidence, and missing persons. CODIS software allows local, state, and national laboratories to compare DNA profiles electronically, thereby linking serial crimes to each other and identifying suspects by matching DNA profiles from crime scenes to individuals' profiles.
The primary functions for this position include:
- Design, develop, enhance, debug, and implement software using MS Visual Studio for C#.NET
- Troubleshoot problems related to software applications; resolve systems integration and compatibility issues
- Support software testing as required, including developing automated test scripts using NUnit, SpecFlow, and other automation tools
- Interact with required stakeholders including CODIS PMO, business analysts, testers, infrastructure managers, and PM team
- Support continuous innovation by implementing the best practices to improve technology tools and processes to increase team efficiency and technical execution
- Verify development efforts are in accordance with defined standards
- Support completion of required system documentation in accordance with FBI's Life Cycle Methodology
- Contribute to deliverables and performance metrics where applicable
- Must be a US Citizen and have the ability to pass a public trust investigation
- 8+ years software development experience using C# and .NET
- SQL Server 2008 R2 or greater, T-SQL stored procedures, views, etc.
- Familiarity with writing unit tests and their role in a Continuous Integration environment
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and organizational skills required
- Strong attention to detail, highly developed critical thinking skills, and solid trouble shooting ability
- Certified Scrum Developer (CSD) certification; required within 6 months of starting on the contract
- Working knowledge of WinForms, WPF, WCF, Entity Framework, VB.NET, C++, XML, LINQ, SQL Database platform, MSBuild PowerShell, InstallShield
- Understanding of engineering modeling languages, such as ER diagrams, UML Sequence diagrams or other engineering artifacts
- Agile/scrum development experience
- Experience writing and reviewing automated test scripts
- Experience with Continuous Integration tools (such as TeamCity (preferred), Jenkins or Hudson)
- Familiarity with automated testing frameworks such as nUnit, SpecFlow
- Familiarity with Requirements Management tools such as TFS
ECS is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship, disability, veteran status or any other classification protected by federal, state, or local law. ECS promotes affirmative action for minorities, women, disabled persons, and veterans.
ECS is a leading mid-sized provider of technology services to the United States Federal Government. We are focused on people, values and purpose. Every day, our 2300+ employees focus on providing their technical talent to support the Federal Agencies and Departments of the US Government to serve, protect and defend the American People.
C Sharp (Programming Language)
Visual Basic .Net (Programming Language)
Windows Communication Foundation
Windows Presentation Foundation
Language Integrated Query