To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chicago, IL
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Senior Tax Practitioner -Attorney, EA or CPA
Community Tax, LLC • Chicago, IL
Posted 12 days ago
This position requires a self-starter with the ability to think and work independently with solid communication skill, is well organized and can multi-task. The position also requires an individual with analytical skills, working knowledge in state and federal tax law, and the ability to manage a team of professionals. This Managing Practitioner manages a team of Practitioners (Attorneys and/or Enrolled Agents) who review tax resolution cases throughout the year, with the expectation of an increased workload during the tax season (January – April), needs sound judgment, change management skills, time management, and the ability to effectively understand the industry, tax law, and compliance to serve clients and the company.
- Lead a team of employees, comprised of attorneys, Attorneys, Enrolled Agents ,Case Advocates, and related support staff
- Assign and manage daily assignments and workflow for the entire team
- Organize and manage team meetings
- Maintain a personal case load of client files and actively work them toward resolution
- Handle escalation of difficult clients to confirm proper handling and case resolution
- Review stalled case files and determine proper steps toward resolution
- Develop processes and policies with the Leadership team to advance company goals: EBITDA achievement; increase revenue; improve efficiency and quality.
- Audit the work product of Team of Practitioners
- Ensure Practitioners are recommending correct programs to clients, submitting resolution proposals to the IRS and state tax authority and following-up and securing resolutions appropriately
- Sustain compliance with Circular 230, applicable state bar regulations, TCPA, and implement a “best practices” culture within the company
- Provide training to new hires and on-going training of resolutions staff
- Administer performance evaluations, address and review specific case files, and development plans for team members
- Ideal candidate will have 5+ years of income tax experience with strong emphasis on controversy/resolution representation in a high volume environment
- Ideal candidate will have 3+ years of proven management of tax resolution/controversy professionals including attorneys and enrolled agents
- Experience in training, process improvement and change management
- Strong commitment to compliance and creation of a “best practices” culture
- Ideal candidate will have a strong desire to develop and grow in the field of taxation
- Self-reliant with the ability to make sound decisions
- Strong communication skills, as there will be communication with the IRS and client interaction
Education and Other Requirements:
- 4 year College Degree (Bachelor’s Required),
- JD actively licensed to practice law, Enrolled Agent or CPA with high volume resolution experience
- Ability to work accurately in a fast-paced environment
- Able to balance a high volume work load
- Strong attention to detail
- Self-motivated and able to adapt to change efficiently
- Proficient in Technology including CRM, Document management, Microsoft Office and Outlook