PROJECT MANAGER (DHRA-20-0438-W):
Bowhead seeks a Project Manager who will serve as the contract manager in support of Defense Human Resources Activity (DHRA) Enterprise Operational Administrative Support Services Contract.
We are looking for a qualified individual relative to a potential opportunity, which is contingent upon award and not currently funded. Incumbent employees are encouraged to respond. No solicitations or third party applications will be accepted.
Essential functions will include:
• Manage day-to-day activities, communicate job expectations; plan, monitor, appraise, and review employee job contributions
• Contribute operations information and recommendations to strategic plans and reviews; prepare and complete action plans; implement production, productivity, quality and customer-service standards; resolve problems
• Set and review contract budget and manage costs
• Manage subordinate staff in the day-to-day performance of their jobs
• Ensure that project/department milestones/goals are met and adhering to approved budgets
• Conduct regular team meetings to review progress and to identify potential obstacles to completion
• Work with government customers and other stakeholders to update them on projects and obtain feedback
• Provide project management and technical leadership
• Develop relations with existing and prospective internal customers to interpret all individual requirements
• Involve in strategic plans to accomplish technical as well as business goals with leadership chain, team and with customers
• Bachelor’s degree in business, management or a technical discipline with a minimum of five (5) years of progressively responsible civilian or military project management experience in planning, directing, and coordinating supportive services of an organization.
• Experience in developing cost and schedule baselines, personnel management plans, risk management, and performance of quality assurance.
• A Project Management Professional (PMP) certification by the Project Management Institute (PMI) is highly desirable.
• Should be able to demonstrate experience in managing and directing the efforts of diverse task teams in a dynamic environment; exhibit a thorough understanding of the goals, and technical complexities of the DoD.
SECURITY CLEARANCE REQUIRED: Must currently hold a security clearance at the Secret level. US Citizenship is a requirement for Secret clearance at this location.
Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug & alcohol screening and/or random drug screen, and must follow UIC’s Non-DOT Drug & Alcohol Testing Program requirements. If the position requires, an applicant must pass a pre-employment criminal background
history check. All post-secondary education listed on the applicant’s resume/application may be subject to verification.
Where driving may be required or where a rental car must be obtained for business travel purposes, applicants must have a valid driver license for this position and will be subject to verification. In addition, the applicant must pass an in-house, online, driving
course to be authorized to drive for company purposes.
UIC is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. In
furtherance, pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, UIC and its subsidiaries may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to UIC Shareholders and their Descendants,
based on the provisions contained within The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act.
All candidates must apply online at www.uicalaska.com, and submit a completed application for all positions they wish to be considered. Once the employment application has been completed and submitted, any changes to the application after submission may not
be reviewed. Please contact a UIC HR Recruiter if you have made a significant change to your application. In accordance with the Americans with Disabilities Act of 1990 (ADA), persons unable to complete an online application should contact UIC Human Resources
for assistance ([ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Manager
UIC Government Services (UICGS / Bowhead) provides innovative business solutions to federal and commercial customers in the areas of engineering, maintenance services, information technology, program support, logistics/base support, and procurement. Collectively,
the fast-growing Bowhead Family of Companies offers a breadth of services which are performed with a focus on quality results. Headquartered in Springfield, VA, we are a fast-growing, multi-million-dollar corporation recognized as one of the top 25 8(a) companies
for government contracting.
Link to Apply:
[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Project Manager
UIC and its Family of Companies is an equal opportunity employer. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, age, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other protected characteristics
EOE/AA/M/F/D/V. Equal Opportunity Employer/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.Please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP
here.The contractor will not discharge or in any other manner discriminate against employees or applicants because they have inquired about, discussed, or disclosed their own pay or the pay of another employee or applicant. However, employees who have access
to the compensation information of other employees or applicants as a part of their essential job functions cannot disclose the pay of other employees or applicants to individuals who do not otherwise have access to compensation information, unless the disclosure
is (a) in response to a formal complaint or charge, (b) in furtherance of an investigation, proceeding, hearing, or action, including an investigation conducted by the employer, or (c) consistent with the contractor's legal duty to furnish information. 41
Project Management Professional
Project Management Professional Certification
Project Management Institute