NORC at the University of Chicago is seeking a Senior Research Associate II to join the Health Sciences Research Department. Our Health Sciences staff evaluate the effectiveness of federal investments in informatics, supports the emerging fields of patient-centered outcomes research and mobile health. The staff also work on large implementation science projects involving patient safety and quality.
NORC recognizes that talented and skilled researchers live throughout the U.S. and actively supports remote work arrangements.
As a condition of employment, all NORC employees and contractors – including those working remotely - must be fully vaccinated to comply with the Executive Order issued by President Biden on September 9, 2021.
DEPARTMENT: Health Sciences
NORC’s [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Research Associate II - Health Sciences Research staff produce rich data on social priorities including child development and healthy aging, the uses of electronic clinical data in research, and the applications and effectiveness of health information technology.
Our expert staff evaluates the effectiveness of federal investments in informatics, supports the emerging fields of patient-centered outcomes research and mobile health. The staff also work on large implementation science projects involving patient safety and quality.
NORC’s Health Sciences staff work closely with colleagues in [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Research Associate II - Health Sciences Research and [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Senior Research Associate II - Health Sciences Researchto offer program, policy, and research solutions. Our work is guided by a commitment to long-lasting partnerships, transparency, and high-quality, nonpartisan research that improves health and health care for all people.
- Taking the lead on key tasks related to research design, data collection and analysis while helping the project manager keep tasks on track
- Developing instrumentation for quantitative or qualitative data collection
- Planning and conducting a wide range of data collection activities
- Analyzing data
- Drafting reports and presentations
- Play a key role in management, coordination, writing and budgeting tasks related to business development.
- Bachelor's Degree required; Master's Degree strongly preferred in Public Health, Health Policy, Public Policy or other related field
- Minimum five (5) years' research experience which should include playing a lead role in managing and driving tasks, using and designing qualitative data collection tools including key informant interviews, site visits and focus groups on health research projects
- Strong analytic ability, writing and organizational skills are required
- Quantitative analysis experience including working knowledge of SAS, SPSS (or other statistical data analysis packages) strongly preferred
- Strong problem solving, project management, relationship management skills
- Ability to work on multiple projects simultaneously
- Some experience in client communications and relationship management; solid technical writing skills
- Occasional travel for site visits and meetings may be required.
WHAT WE DO:
NORC at the University of Chicago is an objective, non-partisan research institution that delivers reliable data and rigorous analysis to guide critical programmatic, business, and policy decisions. Since 1941, our teams have conducted groundbreaking studies, created and applied innovative methods and tools, and advanced principles of scientific integrity and collaboration. Today, government, corporate, and nonprofit clients around the world partner with us to transform increasingly complex information into useful knowledge.WHO WE ARE:
For over 75 years, NORC has evolved in many ways, moving the needle with research methods, technical applications and groundbreaking research findings. But our tradition of excellence, passion for innovation, and commitment to collegiality have remained constant components of who we are as a brand, and who each of us is as a member of the NORC team. With world-class benefits, a business casual environment, and an emphasis on continuous learning, NORC is a place where people join for the stellar research and analysis work for which we’re known, and stay for the relationships they form with their colleagues who take pride in the impact their work is making on a global scale.
NORC is an affirmative action, equal opportunity employer that values and actively seeks diversity in the workforce. NORC evaluates qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, and other legally- protected characteristics.
- Business Development
- Business Relationship Management
- Child Development
- Clinical Works