VaporTech designs, builds, and services thin-film deposition equipment that produce plasma based decorative and functional coatings to improve products around the world. We are seeking a highly motivated, creative Electrical Controls Engineer for the development of our vacuum process equipment. The successful candidate will have experience in industrial power and control design and factory automation controls development. Responsibilities will include electrical schematic design, PLC and HMI programming, hardware and software troubleshooting and debug.
Primary Responsibilities (Essential Functions)
- Design machine AC Power Distributions for up to 480V three phase loads to meet US and international standards.
- Design control systems for vacuum systems and thin-film process control equipment. Develop and troubleshoot PLC and HMI software.
- Create Electrical Schematics and Bill of Materials.
- Collaborate with sourcing to work with vendors to select parts and components.
- Post-build functional support to the service team.
- Interfaces with internal and external customers.
Skills, Education and Experience
- Bachelor’s Degree in Electrical Engineering or equivalent.
- 6+ years of experience. OEM or systems integrator experience is preferred.
- Strong problem-solving and root cause analysis skills.
- Experience with electrical planning of machines and control cabinets.
- Controls design experience including safety, power distribution, motor control, VFDs, pneumatics, PID design and tuning, sensors, analog and digital I/O. Process control including pumps, valves, process power supplies, heating and cooling.
- Knowledge of PC configuration, operating systems and industrial networking
- Experience with Rockwell Automation (Allen-Bradley) Studio 5000 PLC and FactoryTalk View HMI programming highly preferred
- Experience with communication interfaces including Ethernet, EtherNet/IP, ProfiBus, RS-485 and RS-232.
- Working Knowledge of AutoCAD Electrical
- Familiarity with regulatory requirements, such as: NEC, UL, and CE
- Less than 5% travel required.
- Annual salary between $100,000 to $115,000
ABOUT VAPOR TECHNOLOGIES:
Vapor Tech's thin film deposition systems allow companies to apply functional, durable, and high-performance coatings and finishes on a broad range of consumer and industrial products.
Vapor Technologies, Inc.
Masco Corporation (the “Company”) is an equal opportunity employer and we want to have the best available persons in every job. The Company makes employment decisions only based on merit. It is the Company’s policy to prohibit discrimination in any employment opportunity (including but not limited to recruitment, employment, promotion, salary increases, benefits, termination and all other terms and conditions of employment) based on race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender, gender identity, gender expression, genetic information, pregnancy, religious creed, national origin, ancestry, age, physical/mental disability, medical condition, marital/domestic partner status, military and veteran status, height, weight or any other such characteristic protected by federal, state or local law. The Company is committed to complying with all applicable laws providing equal employment opportunities. This commitment applies to all persons involved in the operations of the Company regardless of where the employee is located and prohibits unlawful discrimination by any employee of the Company.
Masco Corporation is an E-Verify employer. E-Verify is an Internet based system operated by the Department of Homeland Security (DHS) in partnership with the Social Security Administration (SSA) that allows participating employers to electronically verify the employment eligibility of their newly hired employees in the United States. Please click on the following links for more information.
E-Verify Participation Poster: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Controls Engineer - Thin Films Deposition Equipment
E-verify Right to Work Poster: [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Controls Engineer - Thin Films Deposition Equipment, [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Electrical Controls Engineer - Thin Films Deposition Equipment
- Human Computer Interaction
- Control Systems
- Vacuum Systems
- Programmable Logic Controllers