Director of E-Commerce Harrisburg, PAAbout You:
The e-commerce world surrounding products made for the outdoors is as interesting to you as the great outdoors itself. You can confidently analyze data and trends in the direct-to-consumer landscape to develop strategic direction for new business growth. You see the possibilities around e-commerce and the customer journey as an exciting adventure and are energized by leading a team that helps customers discover, explore, and connect to a brand through an engaging, consumer-first digital experience. About the Job:
The Director of E-Commerce will establish strategic direction for current and future business growth of DiamondBackCovers.com. This position helps drive exposure to and excitement for these products by leading a team of sales, customer service, and web development professionals. They strategize the direction for business growth through owning the customer experience and integrating the DiamondBack brand in every part of the customer's journey with DiamondBack.
The Director of E-Commerce and their team guides the real-time user experience through their first digital interactions with our brand and product. This leadership position collaborates with all stakeholders and strives to reach DiamondBack's goals through optimization of a cutting-edge website and overall customer experience. Reports To:
Chief Sales and Marketing Officer Principle Duties:
Required Skills, Knowledge, Education, and Training:
- Responsible for the strategic direction and day-to-day operations of DiamondBack's Ecommerce to achieve aggressive and customer service goals, and optimization of website, search engines, and social media to achieve KPIs.
- Manage paid search, paid social, web development, and sales/support aspects of DiamondBack's Sales and Marketing operations.
- Collaborate with the Sales and Marketing department to meet objectives related to communication, paid media campaigns, consumer communication, and e-commerce trends in order to provide the best-possible customer experience.
- Optimize the DiamondBack website and ensure brand freshness, automation, and ease of use. Develop and refine strategies for its growth and development.
- Use current data and market trends to make future budget and sales projections. Develop and evaluate e-commerce strategies using expense tracking and profit and loss statements.
- Lead implementation of paid digital strategy efforts including search, social, video, external retargeting, and display advertising to generate traffic and positive conversion rates.
- Lead the web design, search and social, and sales and customer service teams in a world-class customer experience from all projects' start to delivery. Develop each team member's personal growth and performance.
- Select and organize contracted services with web development and paid search and social media teams. Work with contractors to continuously evolve DiamondBack's digital customer experience and ensure ease and satisfaction.
- Create and adjust digital marketing strategies to performance and growth initiatives.
- Strategically plan and deliver on content optimization and personalization to increase conversion and meet DiamondBack's goals.
- Identify and implement customer retention campaigns which include modeling customer lifetime value, audience segmentation, and strategies for retargeting.
- Drive innovative digital improvements throughout e-commerce to deliver growth opportunities for new and repeat customers.
- Manage a calendar of site content to ensure brand freshness and importance throughout the year.
Perks at Diamondback:
- BA/BS in business, marketing, information technology, communications, or a related field
- 5+ years of consumer eCommerce experience, 8+ years preferred
- Strong background in both organic and paid social media initiatives
- Experience in site operations and in optimizing site user experience through enhancements and platform updates
- Passion to bring ideas behind a lifestyle brand that specializes in outdoor accessories to fruition by providing a first-class web experience.
- Ability to forecast demand and adjust priorities by using data to make decisions.
- Strong ability to manage short and long-term projects on tight and changing timelines and collaborate effectively with internal and external stakeholders
- Management experience with marketing, sales, and customer service. Strong project management and interpersonal skills.
- Experience with Shopify, HTML, A/B testing applications, CSS, and Google Analytics.
- Desire for innovation and improvement through maintaining relationships with the creative team and all other areas of the business.
- Strong, business-centered decision-making skills and prioritization of tasks.
- Knowledge of User Experience and design principles.
- Ability to work onsite in Harrisburg, PA
- Competitive benefit offerings (Medical, Dental, Eye, Life Insurance, Short-Term Disability)
- Matched 401k contributions
- Tuition reimbursement program up to $5240 annually
- Employee Cover Program: Eligible for a DiamondBack cover
- Employee Pricing on products
- Friends and Family Discounts
- Healthy snacks provided daily
- Days of Service: Opportunity to make an impact in the community with 3 paid days off for volunteering
- A/B Testing
- Customer Experience
- Customer Service
- Data Analysis