To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Middletown, OH
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Electrical Project Engineer
AK Steel • Middletown, OH
Posted 20 days ago
Get facts about other applicants with a CareerBuilder Account
AK Steel has an immediate opportunity for an Electrical Project Engineer at our Middletown facility. The Electrical Project Engineer is responsible for capital engineering projects. The ideal candidate will have a Bachelor's degree in Electrical Engineer and 1-3 years of experience.
- This position is primarily responsible for the management of capital engineering projects including the preparation of designs, scopes of work, and technical documentation; the generation of cost estimates; the selection of suppliers and contractors; and the implementation and management of projects ensuring that on-site work meets or exceeds the goals of the project and AK Steel’s requirements for workmanship and safety.
- This position is primarily concerned with capital improvements within an integrated steel mill. This includes projects involving equipment and processes associated with iron and steel making, hot and cold rolling, annealing, and coating lines requiring knowledge of power systems, control system architecture, process control, electrical installation requirements, instrumentation, and process gauging (thickness, width, etc.) systems.
- Participate in technical investigations, studies, problem review, new and proposed equipment, materials, processes and facilities and provide sound engineering evaluations and recommendations for proposed actions.
- Collaborate with operating department management in prioritizing engineering services relative to department needs and objectives.
- Bachelor’s degree in Electrical Engineering.
- 1-3 years of experience in an industrial environment.
- Ability to review submitted designs for adequacy in meeting desired project objectives, developing required scopes of work for equipment and installation, coordinating scheduling efforts, developing required operations/maintenance training programs, assist in field installation facility/equipment commissioning.
- Experience in design or installation engineering of process lines and/or rolling mills.
- Project management skills.
- Participate in technical investigations, studies, and root cause analyses and provide sound engineering evaluations and recommendations.
- Ability to coordinate and execute a multitude of projects with minimal supervision within the allotted time and budget.
- Excellent compensation and benefits.
- Challenging work.
- Advancement opportunities.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, disability, military or protected veteran status. The following links provide information regarding your Equal Employment Opportunity rights and protections: EEO is the Law & EEO is the Law Supplement. We are a drug-free workplace and conduct pre-employment testing as a condition of employment.