Interstate Companies, Inc. is a dynamic organization that provides rewarding careers for more than 1,400 employees in its corporate office and five operating units Interstate Assembly Systems, Interstate Bearing Systems, Interstate Industrial Systems, Interstate Power Systems and I-State Truck Center.
We are seeking Journeyman Diesel Technicians to help solidify our state-of-the-art Lakeville Minnesota Interstate Power Systems branch. We also offer highly competitive pay for qualified Journeyman starting at $40.00/hour DOE
Mechanic Job Duties
* Responsible for troubleshooting, maintenance, and repair on all types of trucks
* Accurately and efficiently diagnose complex engine conditions and make necessary repairs.
* Communicate effectively with peers, foreman, and service team regarding those repairs.
* Quality control work performed to ensure maximum customer satisfaction.
* Keep paperwork updated and handed in upon completion
* Meet requirements for certifications
Mechanic Position Requirements
* Valid Driver's license (Bonus compensation for CDL holders)
* Must possess a good work ethic, a positive attitude, and be reliable.
* Must possess an excellent understanding of Detroit Diesel engines through the current GHG17 product.
* Experience with other engine platforms such as Cummins, CAT, & International are a plus.
* Other mechanical skills desired but not essential: Hydraulics, Brakes & Suspension, Manual Transmissions and drive train, automatic transmissions.
* This is an atmosphere that is driven by customer satisfaction, accuracy of diagnostics, and efficient repairs. If you feel like you have this to offer and more, please apply.
* Must be physically able to lift and work with no restrictions
* Positive attitude and the ability to set goals and accomplish them
* The desire to take advantage of certification opportunities to have the most updated product training
* Solid written and verbal communication skills
* Competitive compensation
* Union Health Benefits as indicated in the Collective Bargaining Agreement
* 401(K) with company match
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
Interstate Companies is an Equal Opportunity Employer and we encourage all qualified and interested persons to apply for this position by submitting a resume for consideration.
- Commercial Driver's License (Cdl)
- Customer Satisfaction
- Diagnostic Skills
- Hardworking And Dedicated