Amyx is seeking to hire a Systems Architect to work at the client location in Washington, DC (near Union Station). The Systems Architect will be a Senior scientist who independently performs a variety of system design and engineering tasks which are broad in nature and are concerned with design and implementation of major enterprise systems development and integration, including supporting personnel, hardware, software, and support facilities and/or equipment. Supervises team of Sr. Systems Engineers, Network Engineers, Sr. Network Engineers, and Network Engineers through project completion and is considered a Subject Matter Expert (SME) in one or more specific areas of computer system design and networking.
- Plans and performs systems and networking engineering research, design development, and other assignments in conformance with system and network design, engineering, and customer specifications.
- Supervises team of Sr. Systems Engineers, Systems Engineers, Sr. Network Engineers, and Network Engineers.
- Responsible for highly complex technical/engineering projects.
- Coordinates the activities of Sr. Systems Engineers, Systems Engineers, Sr. Network Engineers, and Network Engineers assigned to specific system and network engineering projects.
- Is the lead technical authority on the project.
- May be responsible for designing and transitioning to new networks.
- May perform other duties, as assigned.
- Cloud Migration
- Master's Degree and minimum 10 years of overall experience or equivalent.
- Minimum of 10 years of IT infrastructure solution engineering and service delivery experiences, including solution areas in data center operations, server (Windows, Linux, other), LAN/WAN network, storage, virtualization, cloud, database, and security. Strong experience leading the design and integration of enterprise-level solutions.
- 4+ years of in-depth experience on system disaster recovery/COOP and backup solution engineering, implementation, and operation management.
- 5+ years of in-depth experience in VMWare and other virtualization technologies.
- 5+ years of strong experience with enterprise storage solutions (SAN/NAS) and associated thin provisioning, replication, automated tiering, continuous backup solutions.
- Strong knowledge of ITIL, ITSM, DevOps.
- Knowledge of system engineering concepts applied to large projects.
- Ability to conduct technical cost-benefit trade-off analysis.
- Ability to develop and deliver technical presentations
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Knowledge of the broad spectrum of technology areas, including technology trends, forthcoming industry standards, new products, and the latest solution development techniques; ability to leverage this knowledge to formulate technical solution strategy.
- Successful track record in providing technical leadership in delivering architecture, engineering, and operation services.
- Possess exceptional time management, communication (oral and written), task prioritization and interpersonal skills.
- Able to handle multiple, complex, short term projects and incidents simultaneously.
- Direct experience leading and managing geographically distributed teams.
- Active TS/SCI clearance.
Desired Skills and Qualifications:
- Direct knowledge and experience supporting broad Intelligence Community IT Goals and Objectives
- Ten (10) plus years of technical information technology (IT) project/program management experience.
- 4+ years of experience in continuous configuration automation solutions
- 3+ years of experience with engineering and implementing software defined datacenter solutions.
- 3+ years of experience with cloud migration solutions and hybrid cloud management solutions.
- Ability to interface with team members at all levels, including business operations, finance, technology, and management.
- Certification in VMware, AWS, or Microsoft Azure or equivalent
- Experience with DOD or Intelligence Community agencies.
- At time of task order award possess an active TS/SCI clearance.
Amyx is an Equal Opportunity employer. Amyx is committed to providing equal employment opportunity to all job seekers. Every qualified applicant receives focused consideration for employment and no one is discriminated against on the basis of race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status. In addition to federal law requirements, Amyx complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment in every location in which the company has facilities. This applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training. Equal Opportunity Employer- Minorities/Females/Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities/Sexual Orientation/Gender Identity. Amyx is an E-Verify employer.
Amyx proudly and proactively takes affirmative action to advance employment of individuals who are minorities, women, protected veterans and individuals with disabilities.
Employee needs to be able to sit at a workstation for extended periods; use hand(s) to handle or feel objects, tools, or controls; reach with hands and arms; talk and hear. Most positions require ability to work on desktop or laptop computer for extended periods of time reading, reviewing/analyzing information, and providing recommendations, summaries and/or reports in written format. Must be able to effectively communicate with others verbally and in writing. Employee may be required to occasionally lift and/or move moderate amounts of weight, typically less than 20 pounds. Regular and predictable attendance is essential.
Software Configuration Management
Sql (Programming Language)
Java (Programming Language)