JOB TITLE: Sales Executive
REPORTS TO: Division President
DIVISION: Horton Risk Advisory Services
GENERAL DESCRIPTION – The Sales Executive will identify, cultivate and develop new sales opportunities for The Horton Group. Additionally, he/she will prospect, solicit and sell new business and return existing clients through the renewal process. The Sales Executive will also identify and pursue cross-selling opportunities for each applicable area of the organization.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
• Develop a comprehensive prospecting plan, including targets and methodology for developing prospects into opportunities
• Create an adequate number of new business opportunities per business plan
• Network centers of influence in order to develop new opportunities
• Achieve new business sales goals annually
• Understand Horton’s value proposition for each opportunity and align the Agency’s resources and expertise with individual client sales strategies
• Maintain strong relationships with clients and prospects
• Provide service in support of sales duties and build relationships with clients and carriers
• Assist in selecting competitive carriers to receive new business and re-market applications
• Be capable and willing to ask for referral opportunities from existing clients
• Participate in preparing proposals and presentations
• Maintain a high level of client retention annually
• Provide proactive risk management advice to existing clients and resolve issues effectively.
• Remain current on all technical issues and demonstrate product knowledge, as needed
• Other duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES
• A Bachelor’s Degree is required
• Appropriate insurance license must be obtained within 120 days of New Hire Onboarding
• Networks, develops relationships, builds centers of influences and embraces "warm calling”
• Excellent relationship-building
• Strong communication skills
• Ambitious, self-motivated and possessing an entrepreneurial spirit
• Ability to understand the needs and requirements of clients to protect their business
• Willing to partner and work with a mentor/coach
• Success-driven, self-starter and reasonable risk-taker
• Proficient use of technology (Microsoft Office Products and Agency Management Systems)
• Flexibility and creativity for developing innovative, customized business solutions
• Ability to negotiate
Maintain a positive work atmosphere by acting and communicating in a manner so that you get along with customers, clients, co-workers and management.
Fast-paced, multi-tasking environment requiring tolerance for schedule change and disruption with potential for travel.
JOB PERFORMANCE STANDARDS
The job description is intended to describe the essential responsibilities The Horton Group requires. Essential functions are outlined; other duties may be assigned as needs arise or as required to support the essential functions.
• Perform work on a computer for extended periods of time
• Sit/stand for extended periods of time in work area
• Grasp objects using your fingers (fine motor skills)
• Communicate and speak in a clear, concise and professional manner both in person and on the telephone.
• Travel by air or ground transportation as required in performing job duties.
• Be able to lift and carry objects that weigh a minimum of 40 pounds
Nothing in this job description or in any other written documents or forms maintained by The Horton Group, creates, or may be deemed to create, an employment contract between The Horton Group and any of its employees.
The Horton Group reserves the right to revise the contents of this job description, at any time, without prior notice to its employees.
This job description supersedes any previous oral or written job descriptions.
Address Prospective Client
Identifying New Prospects