Repairs and maintains machinery and mechanical equipment such as engines, motors, pneumatic tools, conveyor systems, and production machines and equipment by performing the following duties.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES:
01. Observes mechanical devices in operation and listens to their sounds to locate causes of trouble.
02. Dismantles devices to gain access to and remove defective parts
03. Examines form and texture of parts to detect imperfections
04. Inspects used parts to determine changes in dimensional requirements
05. Adjusts functional parts of devices and control instruments
06. Repairs or replaces defective parts.
07. Installs special functional and structural parts in devices
08. Lubricates and clean parts
09. Starts devices to test their performance
10. Sets up and operates lathe, drill press, grinder, and other metalworking tools to make and repair parts.
11. Initiates purchase order for parts and machines
12. Repairs electrical equipment
NON-ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
JOB SPECIFICATIONS & REQUIREMENTS:
01. High school diploma or equivalent and minimum of 3 years experience.
02. Good oral and written communication
03. Basic Math skills
04. Experience with Microsoft Office
05. Requires the ability to plan and perform a sequence of operations where standards and recognized operation methods are available and the making of general decisions regarding quality, set up and tolerances.
06. Has a basic knowledge of AC and DC motors and controls, PLC functions, pneumatics and hydraulic systems
07. Must speak, read, and write English. Spanish language skills a plus.
08. Must possess a basic tool set.
01. Occasional lifting up to 25 lb. from floor to waist high.
02. Occasional bending and stooping.
03. Must be skilled in the use of hand tools and portable power tools.
04. The ability to use cutting tools, welder and mill a plus.
Lighting is good and temperatures will be hot in summer and cold in the winter. Earplugs, eye protection, steel toed shoes and hair nets are required in the production area. Gloves, face-shield and other various types of protective equipment must be worn when working around machinery.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of personnel so classified.
- Drilling Operations