At Arconic, our goal is to be the best companyin the world. Arconic is the world's leading producer and manager of primaryaluminum, fabricated aluminum and alumina facilities, and is active in allmajor aspects of the industry. Arconic serves the aerospace, automotive,packaging, building and construction, commercial transportation, and industrialmarkets, bringing design, engineering, production, and other capabilities ofArconic’s businesses as a single solution to customers. This position is withinArconic's North American Aerospace, Transportation, and Industrial BusinessUnit. ATI produces the widest variety of aluminum sheet and plate products inthe world. Our aluminum is the foundation for many products serving customersin a wide range of industries, including aerospace, building and construction,and automotive systems and distribution. We are looking for a personresponsible for supply chain raw materials daily management activities,commercial metals supply, and managing scrap requisitions and sales. That workincludes: forecasting, inventory control, developing and implementing processeswhich support ingot plant supply chain requirements, and managing materialrequisitions. This individual will work directly with other supply chainpersonnel, the ingot plant production group, the Arconic central materialsprocurement, Alter warehouse, and the materials supplier base.
Major duties include:
Develop scraprequirement forecasts in line with overall material plans in support ofpurchased scrap utilization targets
Develop commercialmetals alloying material forecasts in support of Davenport’s ingot castingrequirements
Utilize an Oracleweb-based procurement system to enter scrap and commercial metals requisitions
Continuously monitorchanges in forecasts and casting demand to identify and communicate necessarychanges to requisition amounts
Facilitate scrapmaterials supply flow coming into and out of Davenport Works.
Arrange trucking forscrap movement from the plant to Arconic’s Outside Processors
Work closely with allparties involved in the scrap purchasing process including buyers, suppliers,accounting, and material receiving to maintain purchased scrap supply andaddress material quality issues
Manage third party andinterplant scrap sales process by working with the Arconic central scrapselling group, scrap buyers, Davenport material handling, and thetransportation group to ensure smooth, timely scrap ship-outs
Review engineered storesinventory levels for each commercial metals item and enter all receipts intothe Oracle web-based system
Work closely with allparties involved in the commercial metals process including buyers, suppliers,accounting, material receiving, and engineered store owners
Facilitatequalification of new commercial metal suppliers and forms
Facilitate the RawMaterials Daily Management meeting between ingot supply chain and ingotoperating groups
Assist in Ingot Plantinterim inventory activities
Manage the RSI andskim pig tolling processes including input of analysis to make materialavailable for casting consumption
Assist withdaily/weekly/monthly meetings as required with reporting, data analysis,report-outs, and presentation development
Develop skills tofunction as back-up for ingot plant scheduling and managing purchased slab andprime Job grade is 15 but could support 16 based on qualifications andexperience.
- Four-year degree in Business, Engineering, or Supply Chain required
- Minimum five years’ experience in a manufacturing environment or in materials/inventory management
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing, with a broad range of individuals and functions both inside and outside the organization • Microsoft Office knowledge especially in Word and Excel • Strong organizational skills and attention to detail
- This position is subject to the International Traffic in Arms Regulations (ITAR) which requires U.S. person status. ITAR defines U.S. person as an U.S. Citizen, U.S. Permanent Resident (i.e. ‘Green Card Holder’), Political Asylee, or Refugee;
- Employees must be legally authorized to work in the United States. Verification of employment eligibility will be required at the time of hire. Visa sponsorship is not available for this position.
- Basic understanding of different aluminum alloy compositions
- Work experience and knowledge of principles and concepts of lean manufacturing (ABS) used for achieving business results
- Understanding of inventory management concepts and forecasting
- Basic understanding of the entire procurement and shipment processes
- Excellent problem-solving skills with "out of the box" thinking
- Results oriented, with ability to respond quickly
- Effective listening skills
- Forward thinking
- Experience working in a union environment
Complex Problem Solving