If you like disrupting the norm and are looking for a company revolutionizing an industry then you will LOVE what Carvana has done for the car buying experience. Buying a car the old fashioned way sucks and we are working hard to make it NOT suck. At Carvana, our customers can hop online to...
- Search and browse our inventory of over 20,000 vehicles that we own and certify.
- Narrow down search results using highly intelligent filtering tools/components.
- View vehicle details, Carfax reports, and 360 rotating studio images for every vehicle.
- Secure financing in minutes using Carvana’s in-house service or their own bank.
- Interact with GUI components to easily customize loan length, down payment, and monthly payment.
- Generate, upload, and eSign all documents online (no ink necessary).
- Schedule front door delivery or pick up at one of our [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineering Team Lead.
- Trade-in their existing vehicle or just sell it to Carvana (no purchase necessary).
For more information on Carvana and our mission, sneak a peek at our[ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineering Team Lead or learn more about what it’s like to work here from the [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineering Team Lead.
About the team and position
Do you have a natural curiosity to build new technologies? Are you a passionate leader who still loves living in code as part of their day-to-day? If so, join a dynamic team of engineers aimed at bringing the latest in web application development to a whole new way to buy a car. We are a fast-growing team that is focused on performance, scalability, and reliability to provide the best experience to our customers, both internal and external.
The Vehicle Data & Inventory team manages Carvana's massive vehicle data systems where our ultimate goal is to generate advanced insights as well as accurate and actionable intelligence on every vehicle available in the US car market. We develop APIs, pipelines, algorithms, architectures, and applications to support all stages of vehicle acquisition and merchandising.
We are looking for a passionate leader to help us create better development velocity and efficiency. You will bring discipline and care to implementation practices. You are familiar with Agile/Scrum processes, grok common design patterns, embrace clean coding principles, frequently practice TDD, and employ many other techniques in an effort to bring a high level of software craftsmanship to your finished product. You see regular code reviews as opportunities to learn from and educate your talented peers, and you're excited to constructively participate.
What you’ll be doing
Carvana Engineering Team Leads work closely with Product Managers and Engineering Managers to define the vision, direction, and objectives for all projects in your team. In this role, you can expect to...
- Participate, end to end, in the product life cycle: requirements gathering, solution design, planning, development, testing, and implementation.
- Energetically and deftly react to rapidly evolving business needs and requirements.
- Find solutions to unexpected technical challenges and seek out opportunities to contribute to the meteoric growth of our business, enrich our culture, and improve the quality of our tools, code, and processes.
- Be the ultimate “player-coach”. You are very comfortable leading from the front on all matters technical and you boast the scar tissue to prove it from an impressive career of implementation success, personal growth, and skills development.
- Contribute directly to the development of applications that your team is working on.
- Understand that the talent on your team is the most important resource that you control.
- Constantly look for ways to cultivate, direct, guide, and nurture the members of your team to help them attain personal goals while providing sustainable and significant business value.
What you should have
- Good communication and collaboration skills; comfortable discussing projects with anyone from end users up to the executive company leadership.
- Experience leading effective development teams.
- A comprehensive understanding of software craftsmanship ideals - clean code principles, unit testing fundamentals, design pattern selection and application, architectural pattern selection, and application.
- An understanding and experience in application security from the web service and web application perspective.
- A good understanding of design patterns and N-Tier architecture.
- A Bachelor’s Degree or higher in a related field, or professional experience working with related technologies.
- Carvana developers work very closely with strong supporting teams and require great interpersonal skills including a positive attitude and sense of humor (read that last part twice, if necessary).
It would be great if you also had
- Experience working in a cloud-based software development environment, preferably Azure and/or AWS.
- Experience with GraphQL.
- Understanding of DevOps best practices and principles.
- Experience working in a hyper-growth environment.
- Involvement in a fin-tech or e-commerce company.
What does our growth have to do with you?
Only everything. Are you not sure you meet 100% of the qualifications? Give it a shot! [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Software Engineering Team Lead that men will apply to a job when only meeting 60% of the requirements, whereas women and members of other systematically marginalized groups typically only apply when they meet every single requirement. At Carvana, we're builders. We build tools, business, and our people. We value diversity in backgrounds and thought, so take a shot and apply! Please highlight some of your accomplishments in your resume and cover letter so we can talk about how you can grow with us.
What we’ll offer in return
- Full-Time Salary Position with a competitive salary.
- Medical, Dental, and Vision benefits.
- 401K with company match.
- A multitude of perks including student loan payments, discounts on vehicles, benefits for your pets, and much more.
- A great wellness program to keep you healthy and happy both physically and mentally.
- Access to opportunities to expand your skill set and share your knowledge with others across the organization.
- A company culture of promotions from within, with a start-up atmosphere allowing for varied and rapid career development.
- A seat in one of the fastest-growing companies in the country.
To be able to do your job at Carvana, there are some basic requirements we want to share with you.
- Must be able to read, write, speak, and understand English.
Of course, we’ll make any reasonable accommodations for those with disabilities to perform the essential functions of their jobs.
Hiring is contingent on passing a complete background check. This role is eligible for visa sponsorship.
Carvana is an equal employment opportunity employer. All applicants receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, national origin, age, mental or physical disability, protected veteran status, or genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. Carvana also prohibits harassment of applicants or employees based on any of these protected categories.
Please note this job description is not designed to contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties, or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities, and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
- .Net Framework
- Application Security
- Asp.Net Core
- Business Requirements
- C Sharp (Programming Language)
- Cloud Computing