To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Chantilly, VA
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
This email address has reached the maximum of 5 email alerts. To create a new alert, you will need to log into your email and unsubscribe from at least one.
Email Send Failed!
Intelligence Analyst/Subject Matter Expert
Battelle Memorial Institute • Chantilly, VA
Posted 10 days ago
Battelle is guided by a founding mission. We invest our knowledge, talents and resources, helping our customers achieve their most important goals. We apply scientific rigor and creativity, succeeding where others may fail, and we invest in our communities, making the world better for generations to come. All of us share a common purpose: to solve the greatest challenges of today and tomorrow.
Our 22,000 employees work at the forefront of scientific innovation to tackle critical challenges in security, human health, manufacturing, energy and environmental management. Battelle’s work is grounded in the belief that science, technology and a passion for excellence can make industries more competitive and the world a better place.
We are currently seeking an Intelligence Analyst/Subject Matter Expert. This position is located in the Reston, VA area.
This is a full-time position. This position is responsible for individual projects or portions of large programs. The incumbent provides analysis and supports solution development to an extensive range of complex issues. Interacts with clients, makes presentations of proposed activities, project progress or results as appropriate. May collaborate with, train, and/or direct the work of other staff. Incumbents will be proficient in at space system intelligence discipline area. Specially the position involves the conduct of all source, multi-domain operations intelligence, within the National intelligence and space defense communities. It requires the ability to fully and comprehensively understand and anticipate space and counterspace threats before they become operationally relevant and present. Incumbents must work in a contractor and Government team to develop integrated strategies to identify and present vulnerabilities, assess threat impacts, identify options, and recommend solutions leading to comprehensive space protection capabilities. They will identify historical and current space defense efforts, and assess projects, cultures, processes, advanced tools, mission needs, space protection intelligence capabilities, gaps, and strategic roadmap assessments in formulating and conducting threat evaluations and responses.
• Conducts or leads research and information acquisition activities of a multi-disciplined team. Monitors and analyzes all strategic and operational aspects of political, military and economic developments in the space defense area of interest. Ensures work is completed on time and within budget.
• Prepares and coordinates compilation of written input to proposals, client reports and presentations. Collects data using combination of standard intelligence methods and business processes. Develops and maintains analytical procedures to meet changing requirements and ensures maximum operations.
• Provides imaginative, thorough and practicable solutions to a wide range of difficult technical problems.
• Contributes to project/program development and client relationship activities within and outside the National space security environment. Builds relationships with external clients, industry, and Intelligence community representatives.
• Oversees, trains and mentors lower-level staff in various aspects of technical/intelligence field activities.
• Will research and analyze intelligence, and work within the intelligence tasking, collection, production, exploitation, and dissemination processes in support of National space priorities.
• Will maintain continual interaction with Intelligence Community organizations to develop clear and focused intelligence requirements and evaluation of threat technologies.
• Will coordinate with other Battelle scientists and engineers to analyze and interpret data to develop an understanding of threat susceptibilities and vulnerabilities and assist with future modeling and exploitation efforts.
THE FOLLOWING REQUIREMENTS MUST BE MET TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Top Secret Clearance and SCI eligible.
• Bachelor's degree with at least 5-12 years' experience.
• Work experience with Intelligence, Defense Department, Air Force Space organizations or Intelligence community organizations.
• Have an in-depth knowledge of U.S. foreign policy objectives, modern history, and the U.S.
• Space Intelligence Community.
• Proficient in using Microsoft Office tools: Word, Excel, Outlook and PowerPoint.
• Must be a US Citizen.
• Successfully be authorized and issued a Government CAC card.
• Work site in the Reston, VA area.
THE FOLLOWING IS DESIRED, BUT NOT REQUIRED TO BE CONSIDERED FOR THIS POSITION:
• Master's Degree in an engineering discipline.
The above statements are intended to describe the nature and level of work being performed by people assigned to this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, activities and skills required of staff members. No statement herein is intended to imply any authorities to commit Battelle unless special written permission is granted by Battelle’s Legal Department.
Battelle’s competitive benefits program includes comprehensive medical and dental care, matching 401K, paid time off, flexible spending accounts, disability coverage, and other benefits that help provide financial protection for you and your family.
Battelle provides employment and opportunities for advancement, compensation, training, and growth according to individual merit, without regard to race, color, religion, sex (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, marital status, age, genetic information, disability, veteran-status, or any other characteristic protected under applicable Federal, state, or local law. Our goal is for each staff member to have the opportunity to grow to the limits of their abilities and to achieve personal and organizational objectives. We will support positive programs for equal treatment of all staff and full utilization of all qualified employees at all levels within Battelle.
For more information about our other openings, please visit www.battelle.org/careers