Apex Systems is looking for a Help Desk Technician for a new contract award in Washington DC.
Junior Desktop Support Duties
Must be eligible to acquire/maintain a DOD Top Secret clearance
- Junior Desktop Support duties consisting of but not limited to ensuring proper computer operation.
- This includes receiving, prioritizing, documenting, and actively resolving end users help requests.
- Problem resolution may involve the use of diagnostic and help request tracking tools, hands-on help at the desktop level.
- Utilizes software and hardware tools, identifies and diagnoses complex problems and factors affecting network performance.
- Maintains technical acuity with vendor products and provides recommendations that best support the client’s critical missions.
- Provide reliable and timely onsite and remote IT services for customers.
- Supports the installation, operations and maintenance of end-user hardware and software. Maintains Incident Ticket Management Program, conducts laptop audits, Tech Refresh, Active Directory assistance, Tech Data Migration, Power Point presentations and configuration setups.
- Provides documentation and services for products and/or services.
- IT Support and maintenance on multiple enclaves including supporting outside agencies IT equipment.
- Performs disconnects, relocations and reconnections.
- Manages technical refreshes; IT “Specials”, and supports Operational Exercises & Critical Missions.
- Decommission obsolete systems and equipment using FBI’s standards; participate in quarterly and yearly inventory and proper disposal of equipment.
- Coordinates PC deployments and/or migrations to include, re-installing software, resetting user profiles and network settings, restoring end-user data from backups, tracking all moved PCs, investigate and resolve customer complaints.
- Research and provide follow-up actions utilizing Tracking Software to expedite satisfactory customer resolutions, trouble shoot hardware and or software problems on desktop PCs.
- Installs, configures, and trouble shoots networked printers.
ACTIVE TOP SECRET CLEARANCE REQUIRED
Location and other information:
- Location is Washington, DC / FBI HQ
- There is no opportunity to telework or work in alternate facilities.
- No travel is anticipated.
- Transportation: Onsite parking is not available. Limited street parking or public garage parking in area. Recommend mass transit – Metrorail (Blue, Green, Orange, Silver, Yellow, Red all nearby), Metrobus, carpool/slugging
- Hours: Monday - Friday between the hours of 6AM and 6PM, except on Federal holidays.
- Dress code: Business casual or better
Apex Systems is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate or allow discrimination on the basis of race, color, religion, creed, sex (including pregnancy, childbirth, breastfeeding, or related medical conditions), age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, ancestry, citizenship, genetic information, registered domestic partner status, marital status, disability, status as a crime victim, protected veteran status, political affiliation, union membership, or any other characteristic protected by law. Apex will consider qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable law. If you have visited our website in search of information on employment opportunities or to apply for a position, and you require an accommodation in using our website for a search or application, please contact our Employee Services Department at 844-463-6178
Server (Computer Science)