Senior Accountant - Affordable Housing Nonprofit!
About the company
- Our client is a Nonprofit that focuses on many services including affordable housing for the community.
- They are seeking a Senior Accountant to join the team and support the VP of Finance. This role has high visibility to the Senior Management team including the CFO.
- The role will also have indirect reports and have a clear upward trajectory in the department.
- This position will be on a hybrid model and their office is located in Harlem close to many various train lines
- Competitive Salary with great benefits and a work/life balance
Key responsibilities of the Senior Accountant include:
- Work on audits and prepare worksheets for auditors providing vital information
- HUD full cycle accounting and monthly reporting
- Real Estate project management tasks including financial reporting, accounts receivables and tracking collections
- Manage accounts payables; Prepare monthly bank reconciliations
- Record adjusting and accrual entries; Monitor cash balances and rent collections
- Assist with annual audit processes
Qualifications of the Senior Accountant should include:
- Bachelors Degree with at least 3 - 5 years of relevant accounting experience
- Real Estate or Nonprofit experience is a plus but not a must!
- Very open to seeing candidates with interest in getting involved with an organization like this
- Exposure to various accounting systems is a plus with strong Excel skills
- Ability to communicate professionally with members of the team at all levels
If you or someone you know are interested, please submit your resume to Lisa Pantoja at [ Link removed ] - Click here to apply to Property Accountant - HUD NonProfit
- Accounting Systems
- Accounts Receivable
- Microsoft Excel
- Project Management