Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties as assigned.
- Operate, maintain, repair, respond and calibrate building control systems. Perform preventive and corrective maintenance activities as required on existing controls equipment, including but not limited to:Building automation systems for control of air handlers, utility plant operations systems, water treatment system, DI water production system, site utility monitoring systems, site critical alarms systems including Honeywell Midas Gas Detection.
- Acts as the liaison with systems experts to maintain and improve the functioning of these systems at this location.Coordinates on-site controls maintenance activities by contractors.
- Identifies, troubleshoots, analyzes and resolves RESO building network systems.
- Ensures complete and accurate files of system changes are maintained.
- Assists and instructs maintenance staff in the controls and operation of the HVAC systems including troubleshooting problems.
- Ensures access, security and integrity of the operating systems are maintained.Provides documentation to support controls.Addresses vulnerability scan issues.
- Identify and recommend controls system improvement opportunities.Communicates as needed to monitor and provide input for engineering/construction projects that modify or add to the controls equipment systems.
- Survey SCADA screens for inefficient system operation, implement repairs or changes until completed.Identify, troubleshoot, analyze, and resolve controls related issues that were brought up as a result of Smarter Buildings system output.
- Communicate to appropriate laboratory or location staff to appraise of repair effort progress. Coordinate work with IBM technical staff.Work with Siemens to gain knowledge of all aspects of related controls and system.
- Respond to site calls after normal working hours by telephone consultation, and/or responding on-site.
- Complies with all JLL Corporation safety requirements and programs.
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Education & Experience
- High school diploma or general equivalency degree (GED).At least six years experience with design, installation, or maintenance of controls systems.
- Demonstrate in depth, detailed knowledge and understanding of controls systems including BAS (building automation systems) and PLC (programmable logic controllers), pneumatic controls and the following types of controlled equipment:motors, pumps, valves, air handling units, VAV boxes, humidification and temperature controls, variable frequency drives, heat exchangers, chillers, boilers and air compressors.
- Knowledge and practical experience with calibration of field instrumentation (e.g. chemical test gas concentration, pressure, temperature, flow and level).
- Knowledge and practical experience with electronics (e.g. testing, troubleshooting and calibrating).General understanding of controls systems programming.
- Demonstrate experience with Windows software patches, computer and data processing skills.
- Proficient at reading electrical line diagrams and ladder logic diagrams.
- Prefer knowledge of specific control systems: Cytec, Honeywell Midas Gas Detection, Modicon PLC, Scada interface, and Siemens HVAC controls.
- Ability to read and comprehend moderate to complex level instructions, correspondence, and memos.
- Ability to write moderate level correspondence and technical procedures.
- Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients, contractors, vendors and other employees of the organization.
- Ability to communicate effectively by computer and telephone.
- Adept at general mathematics, and ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
Certificates, Licenses, Registrations
- Attend all electrical safety courses, safety training, and technical courses recommended by supervision
JLL Privacy Notice
Jones Lang LaSalle (JLL), together with its subsidiaries and affiliates, is a leading global provider of real estate and investment management services. We take our responsibility to protect the personal information provided to us seriously. Generally the personal information we collect from you are for the purposes of processing in connection with JLL’s recruitment process. We endeavour to keep your personal information secure with appropriate level of security and keep for as long as we need it for legitimate business or legal reasons. We will then delete it safely and securely.
For more information about how JLL processes your personal data, please view our URL blocked - click to apply.
For additional details please see our career site pages for each country.
For employees in the United States, please see a fully copy of our Equal Employment Opportunity and Affirmative Action policy URL blocked - click to apply.
Jones Lang LaSalle (“JLL”) is an Equal Opportunity Employer and is committed to working with and providing reasonable accommodations to individuals with disabilities. If you need a reasonable accommodation because of a disability for any part of the employment process – including the online application and/or overall selection process – you may email us at URL blocked - click to apply. This email is only to request an accommodation. Please direct any other general recruiting inquiries to our URL blocked - click to apply page > I want to work for JLL.