To begin the application process, please enter your email address.
Company Contact Info
- Indianapolis, IN
Sorry, we cannot save or unsave this job right now.
Report this Job
Saving Your Job Alert
Job Alert Saved!
Could not save Job Alert!
You have too many Job Alerts!
Email Send Failed!
Associate Sales Account Executive
UPS • Indianapolis, IN
Posted 29 days ago
UPS is seeking a highly motivated and dynamic Associate Account Executive to join our winning team. If you're passionate about sales, an influential negotiator, and results driven, we want to hear from you!
The Associate Account Executive (AAE) an entry-level sales position responsible for growing the business. He/She works to build relationships with key stakeholders, and generates revenue opportunities across all products and service lines. The AAE assists with meetings and gathers information. Pre-sale duties include preparing action plans and customized presentations, and performing pre-call research and analysis. Post-sale duties include ensuring smooth implementation and account setup, and training customers on UPS technology solutions and billing analysis tools. This position responds to internal and external customer concerns and problems, determining corrective actions, and/or assigning response personnel.
The AAE position is a support position designed to develop future candidates for open Account Executive (AE) positions. Upon successful completion of the Sales Academy training program and proven results in the AAE role (if applicable), he/she will be assigned a territory as soon as one becomes available.
Responsibilities and Duties
- Practices newly learned skills, prepares presentations to communicate his/her final capstone to the learning process
- Supports the maintenance and growth of UPS business (e.g., ground, air, international, freight, etc.)
- Introduces new products and services and expands business opportunities within customer accounts
- Tracks sales performance to objectives
- Researches and monitors account history and account statistics to respond to internal sales leads to identify opportunities to grow the business
- Qualifies leads
- Submits pricing requests and analyzes price quotes
- Generates standard and customized reports and queries, accesses appropriate databases, and interprets and analyzes data
Knowledge and Skills
- Applies business and industry knowledge and understands how key factors impact business strategies and customer organizations in areas such as industry trends, global business perspectives, and organizational structures and functions
- Applies financial expertise by analyzing and evaluating financial data, patterns and trends to determine the financial impact of a decision on the customer and the company
- Applies knowledge of customer business models and operating structures and offers logistic sales solutions that support the customer’s strategic business objectives
- Applies knowledge of the features and business applications of services, products and customer-facing technology offerings and solutions
- Applies supply chain and logistics knowledge of the flow of materials, information, and finances involved in manufacturing and distributing products
- Applies knowledge of core business and of freight structure and operations to resolve problems, make decisions and achieve business objectives
- Assesses and identifies business needs and conducts customer analysis to determine customer requirements and constraints, determine the impact of products/services on customers, and identify which products, services and features to promote to current/potential customers
- Builds business partnerships and develops key customer relationships to maximize account profitability. Understands the customer’s business and aligns account strategies to customer goals
- Conducts competitive analysis of competitor’s offerings and strategies, and maintains awareness of competitive environment
- Creates and develops strategies and plans for effectively managing accounts
- Negotiates with others by identifying desired outcomes, organizational priorities, and appropriate strategies and concessions; asks pertinent questions, considers alternatives, persuades others, and bargains for win-win solutions
- Solicits information using information gathering techniques such as asking open and closed-ended questions, probing for details, and interviewing others to obtain additional information
UPS is an equal opportunity employer. UPS does not discriminate on the basis of race/color/religion/sex/national origin/veteran/disability/age/sexual orientation/gender identity or any other characteristic protected by law