Why Hearst Magazines?
Hearst Magazines is one of the largest publishers in the world, with more than 25 brands, including Cosmopolitan, ELLE, Esquire, Good Housekeeping, Harper's BAZAAR, Popular Mechanics, and Oprah Daily. We reach more than 150 million people every month in the United States alone.
But we're more than just our magazines. We engage our audience across all mediums and channels-print, digital, video, and social-with sophisticated content creation, distribution, and data capabilities. We create, package, and sell products with cutting-edge technology and proprietary platforms. Together, we are reinventing publishing for the 21st century.
Our Central Production West Team, is looking for a Senior Editor/Post production Supervisor to join our department. In this role, you will help standardize editorial video, original video content and business project management needs within Hearst Magazines and will contribute to implement upgraded processes as strategies evolve. You will also provide advanced editing support on a number of projects across all our video brands.
* Help standardize editorial and business project management within Hearst Magazines and implement upgraded processes as strategies evolve.
* Build-out and maintain post-production process manuals and other internal documents and maintain proper tracking and archiving of video assets across internal teams, supporting the technical operations/asset management cycles.
* Create edit schedules and track progress closely, ensuring projects stay on track in accordance with the schedule without delays for projects assigned to the Central video team.
* Work closely with the media management team, maintaining workflows to increase efficiency with internal project sharing and submission of assets within Hearst Magazines brands to ensure proper archiving in lieu to fulfill future distribution deals.
* Support the post-production operations throughout Hearst Magazines and look for ways to increase productivity and lower costs.
* Train and mentor Jr and Assistant editors on proper edit practices, basic color correction and sound mixing practices.
* Forms close working relationships across teams in order to achieve consensus around processes and implement them as smoothly as possible.
* Maintenance of Distro platforms usage and deliverables such as cue sheets and video logs.
* Provide ad-hoc support for other content-related initiatives and perform other duties as assigned - this team is incredibly cross-functional!
* At least 10-15 years of experience in an editing and post-production operations-focused role, preferably including digital magazine media and in-house video production.
* Experience working on high-profile projects including celebrities, tight deadlines, and large, visible brands
* Experience working across many different brands, genres, and types of content - social, branded, digital
* Experience using Airtable and demonstrated success in utilizing tables, views, and automation, to help with project management and maintain the base up to date.
* Experience using Adobe Suite, (Premiere/Media Encoder, After effects, InDesign, Photoshop), Google Docs, Microsoft Office.
As part of its continued efforts to maintain a safe workplace for employees, Hearst Magazines requires that all employees who receive a written offer of employment be fully vaccinated (as defined by the CDC) against the coronavirus by the first day of employment as a condition of employment, to the extent permitted by applicable law. Hearst Magazines will consider requests for reasonable accommodations on an individual basis in accordance with applicable legal requirements.
- Adobe After Effects
- Adobe In Design
- Adobe Photoshop
- Asset Management
- Audio Mixing