Job ID: 37875
Master- Linux Administrator
Experienced Linux Administrator with proven professional experience in the design, development and management/monitoring of a system infrastructure inclusive of enhancements and configuration management.
This position is housed under the Office of the Chief Technology Officer in direct support of the DC Access System (DCAS).
The Office of the Chief Technology Officer is looking for a Linux administrator who will be responsible for designing, implementing, and monitoring the system infrastructure. The incumbent will collaborate with other team members to develop automation strategies and deployment processes.
The incumbent will become an integral part of the DCAS Team, making every problem associated to the platform a problem of their own and will demonstrate the required initiative and critical thinking abilities necessary to resolve all problems and challenges accordingly.
The Core duties associated with the role are as follows:
- Help tune performance and ensure high availability of infrastructure.
- Design and develop infrastructure monitoring and reporting tools.
- Develop and maintain configuration management solutions.
- Develop test automation frameworks in collaboration with rest of the team.
- Create tools to help teams make the most out of the available infrastructure.
- Other related duties as assigned.
- This individual will be working closely with the DHS and its partner agencies to ensure the agencies' priorities are met. This is a position in the DC Access System (DCAS) project.
- Provides assessments of technical and operational practices based on leading industry standards specific to the requested technology.
- Plans, organizes, and conducts research in a variety of areas, such as new or existing products, science, social science, law or business in support of an IT initiative.
- Searches sources such as reference works, literature, documents, newspapers, statistical records, and other sources of information. May use Internet, Intranet, magazines, periodicals, journals, and other media to perform research.
- Analyzes information and statistical data to prepare reports and studies for use by professionals.
Minimum Education/Certification Requirements:
- Master's degree in Information Technology or related field or equivalent experience
Fast Switch, Ltd. celebrated 20 years in 2016. We are an IT Consulting company with offices in Detroit, MI, Columbus, OH, Cleveland, OH, Cincinnati, OH, New York, Hartford, CT, Massachusetts, Minneapolis, MN, Los Angeles, CA, San Francisco, CA, and Tucson, AZ. We're doing business in almost half the states in the union.
We're a financially strong, privately-held company that is 100% consultant and client focused. You are our most important asset!
We've differentiated ourselves by being creative, flexible, and fast. Throw out everything you've heard, seen, or felt about every other IT Consulting company.
We're different. Our consultants and clients tell us so, and it's our great people who make the difference! We do unique things, and we do them for Fortune 10 companies, Inc. 500 companies, and technology start-ups. We also have a strong belief in giving back to the communities we serve.
Our benefits are second to none and thanks to our flexible benefits options you can choose just the benefits that you need or want, options include:
* Medical and Dental (Fast Switch pays majority of the medical program)
* Personal Time Off (PTO) Program
* Long Term Disability (100% paid)
* Life Insurance (100% paid)
* 401(k) with immediate vesting and 3% (of salary) dollar-for-dollar match
Plus, we have a lucrative employee referral program and an employee recognition culture.
In 2013, 2014, 2015 and 2016, Fast Switch was named one of the Top Work Places in Michigan by the Detroit Free Press. We have won the Columbus Business First "Fast 50" award 9 times in 12 years because of our strong growth which translates into more and better opportunities for our consulting staff members.
To view all of our open positions, please go to: URL blocked - click to apply and at the bottom of the page click Job Opportunities, or get there directly at: URL blocked - click to apply
You can also follow us on Twitter at: URL blocked - click to apply
And you can become a fan of Fast Switch on Facebook at: URL blocked - click to apply