Leica Biosystems' mission of "Advancing Cancer Diagnostics, Improving Lives" is at the heart of our corporate culture. We're a global leader in cancer diagnostics with the most comprehensive portfolio from biopsy to diagnosis. Our easy-to-use and consistently reliable offerings help improve workflow efficiency and diagnostic confidence.
Our associates know that every moment matters when it comes to cancer diagnostics. When you come to work, you're helping develop solutions that enable accurate diagnoses to turn anxiety into answers. Join our diverse, global team of talented people, and be inspired to grow every day.
Leica Biosystems is proud to work alongside a community of six fellow Diagnostics Companies at Danaher. Together, we're working at the pace of change to improve patient lives with diagnostic tools that address the world's biggest health challenges.
The Field Applications Specialist - Life Science creates detailed design and implementation specifications for complex products/applications/solutions, builds mini-applications with process simulation, often requiring rapid software modeling and/or product demo/training (at conferences, seminars, trade shows, or customer sites) for customer and may assist with optimizing products to meet customer needs and workflow requirements.
All the responsibilities we will trust you with:
* Support Leica to achieve regional sales goals monthly, quarterly, and annually for IHC Instrumentation and reagent consumables
* Basic installation and evaluations of IHC/ Life Sciences instrumentation
* Evaluations of antibodies, probes, and consumables
* Build an in-depth understanding of new product technologies and their applications in academic, pharma, and research immunohistopathology environments
* Perform investigation of technical applications while working with Technical Service, Applications Technical Lead, Applications Manager and Global Business Units
* Adhere to regulatory standards and compile necessary documentation in conjunction to working with BU and customer on trouble shooting and escalations
* Follow normal Standard Work for customer complaint handling and resolution
* Install and conduct in-field post purchase applications support and training with customers
* Prepare weekly territory status reports for Applications Manager, including but not limited to competitive information, product issues, customer issues, target account lists, expense reports and calendar
* Engage with Innovations partners at customer sites to support trial and new product installations and sales
* Excellent time management and organization skills are a must
* Must possess sound customer relations/service skills
* Self-motivated and independent critical thinking
* Goal oriented and results driven
* Good interpersonal and communication skills are key
* Work independently but able to interact as part of a team
* Proficient computer skills (Excel, Word, PowerPoint, SAP)
* Understanding of IHC and Histology marketplace or a related discipline
* 1-3 years' Histology laboratory experience in clinical, research, or industrial setting with a practical focus on IHC
* Experience in the optimization, operation, functionality, and support of both manual and automated IHC instrumentation and related products preferred
* Associate's or Bachelor's degree in a related field
* HT, HTL or QIHC (ASCP) Certifications
At Leica Biosystems we believe in designing a better, more sustainable workforce. We recognize the benefits of flexible, remote working arrangements for eligible roles and are committed to providing enriching careers, no matter the work arrangement. This position is eligible for a remote work arrangement in which you can work remotely from your home. Additional information about this remote work arrangement will be provided by your interview team. Explore the flexibility and challenge that working for Leica Biosystems can provide.
Check out our benefits here: www.danaherbenefits.com
This job description in no way states or implies that these are the only duties to be performed by this employee. The incumbent is expected to perform other duties necessary for the effective operation of the department or unit. This job description may be changed at any time.
Diversity & Inclusion
At Danaher, we are dedicated to building and sustaining a truly diverse and inclusive culture. These are not just words on a page-Diversity and Inclusion is a top priority for the company, and it ties deeply to each of our core values. Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are equal opportunity employers that evaluate applicants without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law.
When you join us, you'll also be joining Danaher's global organization, where 80,000 people wake up every day determined to help our customers win. As an associate, you'll try new things, work hard, and advance your skills with guidance from dedicated leaders, all with the support of powerful Danaher Business System tools and the stability of a tested organization.
Given the essential job duties of this position, the employee is required to be fully vaccinated against COVID-19 as a condition of employment, subject to reasonable accommodation and applicable law.
Danaher Corporation and all Danaher Companies are committed to equal opportunity regardless of race, color, national origin, religion, sex, age, marital status, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or other characteristics protected by law. We value diversity and the existence of similarities and differences, both visible and not, found in our workforce, workplace and throughout the markets we serve. Our associates, customers and shareholders contribute unique and different perspectives as a result of these diverse attributes.
The EEO posters are available here.
We will ensure that individuals with disabilities are provided reasonable accommodation to participate in the job application or interview process, to perform crucial job functions, and to receive other benefits and privileges of employment. Please contact us at [Click Here to Email Your Resumé]
to request accommodation.
If you've ever wondered what's within you, there's no better time to find out.
- Computer Literacy
- Requirement Prioritization
- Verbal Communication Skills
- Hazardous Wastes