CHI Health has an immediate opportunity for a House Supervisor.
We want you to be confident in your choice to join our CHI Health as a nurse. It's important that you enjoy working with all patient populations and understanding your role's administrative and clinical accountabilities. You must be comfortable leveraging technology, thorough inpatient care coordination, and self-assured in your clinical knowledge and abilities.
You are open to learning new skills and appreciate perspectives differing from your own. You have genuine compassion for your patients' well-being and understand you play a role in helping patients feel at ease in the physician's office. You also have the patience to explain the provider's instructions to patients when they have questions or confusion about their care.
CHI Health strives to care for you the way you care for your patients.
We understand you have personal responsibilities outside of your profession and also care about your well-being.
With you in mind, we offer the following benefits to support your work/life balance:
- Health/Dental/Vision Insurance
- Direct Primary Plan (No copay, no deductible, and access to CHI Health provider 24/7)
- Premium Access to our Family Care Program supporting your needs for childcare, pet care, and/or adult dependent care
- Voluntary Protection: Group Accident, Critical Illness, and Identity Theft
- Employee Assistance Program (EAP) for you and your family
- Paid Time Off (PTO)
- Tuition Assistance for career growth and development
- Matching 401(k) and 457(b) Retirement Programs
- Adoption Assistance
- Wellness Programs
* Flexible spending accounts
CHI Health, now part of CommonSpirit Health formed between Catholic Health Initiatives (CHI) and Dignity Health, includes 150+ clinics delivering quality care to patients across Nebraska and southeast Iowa. Our full-service network provides a variety of Primary Care & Priority Care Services, including Family, Internal, Geriatric, and Pediatric Medicine, in addition to several specialties to deliver custom care based on the unique needs of our patients.
Assumes primary responsibility for overseeing, coordinating and facilitating comprehensive care delivery in all clinical areas during designated shifts. Serves as in-house administration after business hours and on weekends/holidays. Assumes delegated nursing administrative responsibilities in the absences of the director and/or Vice President. Assist directors in providing resources and monitors the productivity of the team. Serves as the communication link between the care team and directors. Participates in operationalizing CHI Health Strategic Initiatives and serves as a role model for ethical management. Supports a professional practice philosophy within a shared governance system that supports the hospital mission and nursing vision.
- Has the authority to interview, hire, orient, terminate, promote, train and conduct performance evaluations.
- Assigns day-to-day work activities; directs the functional and technical job performance of team members.
- Allocate and direct staffing needs to meet patient, unit, and department needs, and collaborate with others to ensure overall staffing needs are met.
- Responsible for the coordination and support of patient activity and safe practices in all clinical areas on the designated shift.
- Oversight for placement of all admissions on designated shift. All hospital EMTALA transfers requests are discussed/coordinated through the House Supervisor.
- Responsible for facilitating unit triaging during times of peak census. When high census or ICU contingency plans are imminent, coordinates decisions with Directors, Medical Director, Vice President and Administrator on-call as appropriate.
- Responds to high risk situations, provides direction, supports and assists as necessary toward problem resolution in a timely manner.
- Coordinates daily staffing adjustments to maintain safe and effective care. Works with Department Director as necessary to resolve assignment issues.
RN, BSN - Bachelors of Science in Nursing and 3-5 years of clinical experience.
BLS - Basic Life Support
CPI - Crisis Prevention Intervention
related skills: behavioral health, mental health, psych, electronic health records, ehr, electronic medical records, emr, electrocardiography, ekg, vital signs, vitals, phlebotomy, blood draw, injections, procedures, clinic, medical group, urgent care, ambulatory care, patient care, injection, triage, exam, preventative, education, liaison, medication, prescription, rx, insurance, admission, coding, insurance, medicare, medicaid, scheduling, lab, laboratory, outpatient, ccma, cma jobs, cma,, nurse, lpn, practical nurse, licensed practical nurse, LPN-IV, medical assistant, CMA, MA, registered medical assistant, RMA, clinic, family practice, caring, understanding, priority care, specialty care, Physician Enterprise, CHI Health Clinic RN, nurse, #missioncritical
CommonSpirit Health participates in E-verify.