You know taxes; we know hiring managers. Instead of being another faceless resume, let Vaco advocate for you! Right now, our client is seeking a Senior Tax Accountant. At Vaco, we connect your work experience to the open job-promoting your strengths to the manager while preparing you for that specific interview.
Our recruiters will provide you with great insight about trends in the market-keeping you up to date on compensation expectations, company culture and growth opportunities. If you're an experienced Tax Accountant, and you want to partner with the best, apply today!
As a Senior Tax Accountant, you will be involved in all aspects of corporate tax, including federal and state research. You will perform tax reconciliations and be responsible for tax provision preparation and planning as well as various other special projects.
Senior Tax Accountant responsibilities:
- Preparing various kinds of tax returns involving complex issues including S-corporations, C-corporations, partnerships and individuals
- Preparing projections and other planning strategies
- Assisting with IRS/state tax audits
- Supporting training of staff accountants and assisting managers in development of staff to provide a high level of capability and competence
- Researching increasingly complex issues
- Act as the main client contact for general questions and information and may be charged with supervising and reviewing the work of other Tax Associates
The successful candidate will possess the following qualifications:
- Bachelor's degree in Accounting or other relevant field required
Masters or other advanced degree in Accounting a plus
- CPA designation or demonstrated progress towards it preferred
- 3-5 years of prior public accounting experience
- Experience with corporate taxation, consolidations, and partnerships preferred
- Prior basic supervisory experience preferred
- Prior experience preparing and reviewing of tax provisions preferred
Other Knowledge, Skills Abilities:
- Solid verbal and written communication skills
- Able to follow instructions as directed by members of Tax Team
- Able to prepare simple tax returns
- Ability to effectively delegate work as needed
- Trains other team members
- Strong analytical, research and critical thinking skills
- Able to work well in a team environment
If interested in learning more about this Senior Tax Accountant position, please apply today!
As a successful candidate of the Senior Tax Accountant role, you must be driven to provide exceptional customer service, have an attention to detail, have an excellent attitude, and be motivated to succeed.
Additional requirements of the Senior Tax Accountant role include:
• Bachelor's degree in Finance / Accounting / Tax
• Master's degree in Accounting / Finance, preferred
• 2 to 6 years of experience in a relevant accounting or finance role
• CPA for tax, strongly preferred
Attention To Detail